Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Internet Home

Alpha1

17 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

https://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/planes-de-renta/tarifas-y-opciones/internet-en-tu-casa

Please advise your experience with this system.... and the range of coverage.... 

TIA 

To start, I do not have experience with this plan.

Second, you need to ask yourself what you want the internet for. I feel if you want to watch movies/upload pics and videos, this may not be the plan for you. I didn't see what the upload speed is and what down speed goes to when you reach the limit.

If you just want e-mail, chatting, web browsing type of activity, this may be ok if you have good coverage in your area.

11 minutes ago, Tiny said:

To start, I do not have experience with this plan.

Second, you need to ask yourself what you want the internet for. I feel if you want to watch movies/upload pics and videos, this may not be the plan for you. I didn't see what the upload speed is and what down speed goes to when you reach the limit.

If you just want e-mail, chatting, web browsing type of activity, this may be ok if you have good coverage in your area.

150000  is the limit, then it goes down to 2M.

https://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/planes-de-renta/tarifas-y-opciones/internet-en-tu-casa.html

Just now, Tiny said:

Thanks. Actually, I was too lazy this morning to look it up. haha

I was mainly asking to determine if the 10M was being delivered, since a similar system with another company has not turned out to be as promised! BIG SURPRISE!

1 hour ago, Alpha1 said:

I was mainly asking to determine if the 10M was being delivered, since a similar system with another company has not turned out to be as promised! BIG SURPRISE!

For sure, it is safe to say that 10M is the max that you may get if the conditions are ideal. What you get may be lower.

I doubt that "another company promised" a speed.

My friends are using the Telcel en tu casa in Barra de Navidad. It works well and delivers 10 mbs constant data. You need to purchase the modem and sign a 2 year contract (pay 1st and last month up front). The modem requires a 4G cellular signal from a telcel tower.Once installed it will only connect to the original tower (you cannot take it on a road trip). The modems have connections for external SMA antennas (extra cost) for better reception). 

5 hours ago, Tiny said:

For sure, it is safe to say that 10M is the max that you may get if the conditions are ideal. What you get may be lower.

I doubt that "another company promised" a speed.

Know of someone got 20M!Twice what was promised... 

Archived