Chapala.com Webboard

UPLOADING VIDEOS DURING STORM

ezpz

As we speak, a storm is brewing while I am in the midst of uploading a 15-minute video of the very fun Virgin of Zapopan procession that just happened in Chapala.  Based on past experience, it will take about 15-20 hours to accomplish this upload.  Question:  What happens if the power goes out during an upload?  I always shut down my computer and other electronics during storms because my area is already prone to power failures.  Would I have to start all over again with the long upload?  Or will the website somehow know to start where it left off previously?  Gracias!

• Haha 1

If the power goes out while you're uploading, you'll probably have to start from the beginning again.  If uploading a 15 minute video takes you anywhere from 15-20 hours, then probably not a great idea to try it during the rainy season.  Also, you may want to look into whether or not you can get a faster internet connection!

Howdy,

You must have a very slow internet connection.  I'm new in town, just moved from Gaudalajara.  I have Telmex and Telcel for internet here.  Telmex is very slow with 5mg speed.  Telcel in usually 15 to 25mg.  That's a big suprise that Telcel is so fast (for here in Chapala anyway).

Good luck, Bill the Geek

That's great speed, I just move here from Gaudalajara and used IZZI for internet.  The speed was 50mbps.  That's 20 more mbps than what your results show in speedtest.  That's very slow for GDL.  But it works

Getting back to OP's question, in most cases you will need to restart the upload. It depends on the method/software used. How are you uploading?

There are two speeds, download and upload. Upload is much slower.