Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM card worth having?

Lexy

Actinver is offering to help its clients to apply for the INAPAM card. Has anyone who has one found the discounts on drugs (the legal kind) worthwhile? Can it be used at Farmacia Guadalajara?

Lexy

No. At Farmacia Guadalajara they tell me that the discount is already built in. And I have heard that in many places. The one place that I have received an INAPAM discount was at The Walmart pharmacy .   I hope others have had better luck than I and could perhaps list other places where they have been able to receive a discount with their INAPAM card.

No. After three years, I have used it once at a museum. With the exception of 50% off on busses, the other discounts are usually 5-10% if they are still honoring the card at all, as the published list of discounts is outdated rather than updated.

We spent nearly two months trying to apply for them in Chapala.  Our efforts were repeatedly met with "Manana" and there was no clear end in sight.  Finally gave up.

Discounts are great to have but there is something that  you might   not   know  .That iis in buses airplanes etc Are limited seats with that rate .For example the Guadalajara bus has 3 seats

I invite you to  reflect is that important  for  you to save 25 pesos and take that space from a Mexican old lady that for her or him Does make a difference .I am Mexican and I choose  not to use the discount  and leave it to someone  else  who 25 pesos makes a difference..And belive me it does .

1 hour ago, Geo108 said:

Discounts are great to have but there is something that  you might   not   know  .That iis in buses airplanes etc Are limited seats with that rate .For example the Guadalajara bus has 3 seats

I invite you to  reflect is that important  for  you to save 25 pesos and take that space from a Mexican old lady that for her or him Does make a difference .I am Mexican and I choose  not to use the discount  and leave it to someone  else  who 25 pesos makes a difference..And belive me it does .

^^^^^^  EXACTAMENTE!!

1 hour ago, Geo108 said:

What is your source of information?

If it is true, that would be a good reason not use that discount. There are other discounts.

http://www.experience-san-miguel-de-allende.com/inapam.html

50% off on inter-city bus travel (though some lines limit the number of senior seats to two)

http://rollybrook.com/discount_card.htm

Some bus lines limit the number of "INAPAM seats" available on a bus.

http://www.escapeartist.com/mexico/retire/mexican-retirement-visa-inapam-cards/

50% off on inter-city bus travel (though some lines limit the number of senior seats to two)

I went to ADO bus website.  Every bus shows available seats by class/price.  Every one I looked at (maybe 10+) showed TWO available for INAPAM.  Feel free to try other bus lines. Out of 70 seats, 2 are for INAPAM. 

#18: ELIGE EL TIPO DE ASIENTO

$635.00

Compra Anticipada

6 asiento(s) disponible(s)
Ver más
SELECCIONAR

$740.00

ADULTO

45 asiento(s) disponible(s)
Ver más
SELECCIONAR

$370.00

NIÑO

10 asiento(s) disponible(s)
Ver más
SELECCIONAR

$370.00

INAPAM

2 asiento(s) disponible(s)
Ver más
SELECCIONA

Thank you for that over responding replay. 

Back to the point I was trying to make in the first post. Don't use the discount for bus travel if the seating is limited but use It for other discounts.

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

Thank you for that over responding replay. 

Back to the point I was trying to make in the first post. Don't use the discount for bus travel if the seating is limited but use It for other discounts.

You wanted proof, I gave you proof.  2 INAPAM seats out of 70 on the bus.  Sorry if that is TMI for you.

I've been here a long time. I purposely did not apply for any card that gave us discounts that my husband and I really didn't need and might take away the discount someone else really needed.

My interest in getting an Inapam card came about recently when my bank offered to help its clients apply, making the process easier, which led to my question about Inapam on this forum. The info and the opinions were really very enlightening.

These days my only interest in a discount would be for prescription drugs--I'm spending a large part of my life in Farmacia Guadalajara, it seems, getting refills--but I didn't realistically think I'd see Inapam providing much in that area.

Your responses have convinced me that an Inapam card isn't worth the effort for me personally to get.  I have a car and I'm still driving, fortunately, and I doubt if I could manage to board and get off a bus anyway.

Lexy

Archived