Chapala.com Webboard

Septic tank cleaners

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up. Our landlord used a well known firm who charged a high price and only pumped one of two septic tanks. He had been contracted to pump both. Good idea to watch what they are doing and if it seems to be very fast, there's probably a reason.

12 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

So the question is, where does the water usually get dumped? Does anyone have authorization to take it to a treatment plant or anything rational like that?

I was in Jocotepec about a month ago and I heard the distinctive sound of a septic tank pumper truck (at my last house because of the poor drainage a nieghbour about 3 blocks across a large gully from me had to get his tank pumped out once a month-a distinctive, loud noise.) In Jocotepec this truck was sitting in the middle of a field a few meters off the main entrance to Jocotepec. I asked the man at the nearby nursery where was the house whose septic tank the truck was draining. He replied that the truck was pumping his septic load into the field.   

Sometimes it is best not to ask.

12 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

So the question is, where does the water usually get dumped? Does anyone have authorization to take it to a treatment plant or anything rational like that?

Excellent question!  I'd like to know the answer, especially where a reputable contractor would dump the contents.  I need to have my septic tank pumped but with an empty lot next to my house I might have good reason to be concerned.

Archived