Chapala.com Webboard

China to Mexico

With the Chinese Yuan dropping, and the Mexican peso down, it is a great time to order from China. We have had good results so far. But with a trade war looming avoid any China made goods shipping from the U.S.A. Many offer free shipping, and this is by post, and very slow 1 -2 months. http://DHgate.com offers wholesale prices and amazing discounts, the suppliers only get paid upon your positive feedback.

Be careful.

I ordered something from gearbest cost appx 200 usd. Arrived faulty.told me to pay mexican post to send it back registered and they would refund it.(appx 40 usd)told them mex post is unreliable but they insisted.

Item didnt arrive back. After many emails they eventually give me a refund of 70 usd !

Loss of 170 usd and three months of arguing.

Never again.

I think China is learning this e commerce thing very quickly, especially the supply chain. I already posted DHGATE.com. The biggest is of course alibaba, but we have never ordered from them. Never heard of gearbest. Anything under $50 U.S. seems to go through Mexican customs with no taxes or duties.

16 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

Be careful.

I ordered something from gearbest cost appx 200 usd. Arrived faulty.told me to pay mexican post to send it back registered and they would refund it.(appx 40 usd)told them mex post is unreliable but they insisted.

Item didnt arrive back. After many emails they eventually give me a refund of 70 usd !

Loss of 170 usd and three months of arguing.

Never again.

I know what are you saying. I had a similar problem and a separate problem with Mexican customs, I am done with shipping products internationally. If I can't get it here or someone bring it with them, I really don't need it.

My experience with ordering from China is very positive. I do it often for many years.  I pay a few pennies for insurance and always got my refund when things did not work well . They even credit me for my custom charges.  I never order above $100 just in case and use my credit card. The only problem is that it usually takes long time to get it (it always arrives eventually) and most of the time they do not offer free delivery.....so shipping fee is added on and I have to decide if its still worth the price. I use my address in Canada.

China has now several e-commerce websites and I think they will become very popular . Reviews are from all over the world ...mainly from Asia and Europe but more and more from Americas and Arabic countries.

So far so good but if they will become unreliable (as everything popular has ) I will stop to order.

1 hour ago, SunshineyDay said:

Chillin do you have it delivered to your home address?

No, we always use iShop $2 per package, even if it is by international airmail. Apparently, customs Mexico City (CDMX) only inspects 1 in 30 packages, but they may also xray with an AI equipped scanner.

Archived