Chapala.com Webboard

CFE solar credit system update

Go Solar

On 7/28/2018 at 9:35 PM, Go Solar said:
As mentioned in the original posting, it is now official that CFE is required to indicate the "energy bank" (credits) info on their (your) bills. 
It has been published in DOF (Diario Oficial de la Federación) three days ago, and they will have 100 days to make this change.

You can see the publication in this link:

Regards!

FYI our recently issued CFE  bill once again shows our accumulated solar credit.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just reviewed a local October solar bill, and all appears well.    In the "Aviso Importante" green box located in the lower right corner on the back (2nd) page, it shows both the accumulated credit amount, and the most recent credit / debit to / from the account.      Both amounts appear to be correct in this case.      So the credits appear to have been preserved, even though they had not been showing on the statements earlier this year.

Thanks for the information. I somehow missed It when I looked at my bill.. For I simply looked at the center left of the back page and noted that no information was yet posted about my bi-monthly debits or credits, and neglected to notice the box you mentioned. I hope that soon in the future they will again  record or post the bimonthly charts as they used to.

Have you heard whether they will continue to only give you credit for up to one year back? And does this one year period usually end at the billing period closest to the end of the year, like mine used to?

Thanks again as always for the great information you provide us.

• Like 1

Pete,

The month to month annual usage chart I'm seeing is on the top of the back page, titled "Consumo Historico kWh".    (blank in this case as they've had net credits each and every billing period, for others with use from CFE,  it would look like a bar chart).   I'd post the whole page however it has client specific info on it......

The one you may be mentioning is the circular type gauge / breakdown of consumption relative to the DAC rate level, with the green, yellow, and red zones?    That used to be on the front page, and is not showing on this one.    Good point.

Best info to date is that the credit system continues to work on a past 12 month rolling period, so it is not related to the calendar year - you just go back 12 months from the current billing period.    Any credits from prior to that would "drop off".    So by reviewing the most current 6 bills, one can calculate if there should be a credit showing and what that amount of kWh credit should be.

Thanks for correcting me, Go Solar. I somehow thought that the 12 month period was set at one date per year. (in my case, my billing period ending the closest to the end of the year).

I like the way you explained it much better than how I thought it was :) I sure do enjoy never having to use the word DAC anymore :) 

• 5 months later...
As mentioned in the original posting, it is now official that CFE is required to indicate the "energy bank" (credits) info on their (your) bills. 
It has been published in DOF (Diario Oficial de la Federación) three days ago, and they will have 100 days to make this change.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:29 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

FYI our recently issued CFE  bill once again shows our accumulated solar credit.  

On 10/28/2018 at 12:37 PM, Go Solar said:

Just reviewed a local October solar bill, and all appears well.    In the "Aviso Importante" green box located in the lower right corner on the back (2nd) page, it shows both the accumulated credit amount, and the most recent credit / debit to / from the account.      Both amounts appear to be correct in this case.      So the credits appear to have been preserved, even though they had not been showing on the statements earlier this year.

CFE strikes again....not showing accumulated credits on my  recent Feb-Mar. bill  :013:

Any chance the credit balance was used up?    Would be most likely to happen after the winter months, with somewhat less production and often more consumption....check the last credit, and then the net consumption on this most recent bill.

We recently purchased a house in Nuevo Vallarta with solar panels. We were told we had to turn the panels off until CFE evaluated our new account or could face high penalty charges. Five weeks later, we still do not have our service number and the solar panels are still off. Any suggestions or recommendations on how to speed up this process with CFE? Very confusing and frustrating. 

11 hours ago, Go Solar said:

Any chance the credit balance was used up?    Would be most likely to happen after the winter months, with somewhat less production and often more consumption....check the last credit, and then the net consumption on this most recent bill.

Not a chance; the CR balance on the Dec-Jan bill was over 800 KWH.  Feb-Mar bill was almost net-zero for consumption.

Instead of stating CR in the Aviso Importante area, they printed this:

Tu negocio cuenta para México, de febrero a julio el INEGI está
llevando a cabo los Censos Económicos 2019.¡Participa!

Question remains: is CFE required by law to post CR's on the bills?

JudyRae;   did you sign an application for inter-connection (along with supplying your photo ID)?    I'd suggest going to CFE Vallarta office and asking to speak to the person in charge of the solar inter-connections area.     Check about that and "all should become clear"

Bisbee:   will check on it, best guess is that "Aviso" area was just temporarily given over to the INEGI Economic Census message.....

• 1 month later...

You can see the publication in this link:

Regards!

On 4/4/2019 at 8:07 AM, Go Solar said:

Bisbee:   will check on it, best guess is that "Aviso" area was just temporarily given over to the INEGI Economic Census message.....

So much for that law....my April-May bill still not showing credits, neither total accumulation nor what was generated this period.  

• Thanks 1

Update:

"It has been suggested", for each account holder,  to call 071  (CFE client service #) and ask about this (the "bolsa acumulada" is the name for the kWh credit balance for solar / interconexion accounts).

Another way to get the message across to CFE that users want, need, and deserve access to this info!

Power to (and from....) the people!

:014:

• 2 weeks later...

From a person who is on the board of AMIF, (the solar industry trade organization) and with good contacts at CFE:

The rolling (most recent) 12 month / 6 bills solar credit process remains as is.    Anyone who feels the need can and should go into the office to request the detailed info, and / or make a complaint.

The info not showing on the back of the bills is basically due to internal systems changes each billing cycle, and has no significance on the actual credits.

• 4 weeks later...

After running my A/C all day to test the KWH on the unit my CFE meter still shows that i used power on there side and only used part of my charging. why does it not use all of my charging from my solar first then accumulate the difference on the CFE side. i produced 26 KWH on this day the CFE side said i used 18 KWH, return side was 8 KWH, my production used was 18 KWH why didn't it use all that i charged.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Web said:

After running my A/C all day to test the KWH on the unit my CFE meter still shows that i used power on there side and only used part of my charging. why does it not use all of my charging from my solar first then accumulate the difference on the CFE side. i produced 26 KWH on this day the CFE side said i used 18 KWH, return side was 8 KWH, my production used was 18 KWH why didn't it use all that i charged.

Thanks

Electricity flows like water following the path of least resistance. If you are running your A/C during the day the A/C will use what solar is producing and if it's not enough it will also draw from CFE. Once solar is producing more kWh than you are using at any one moment in time, the excess flows out the meter back to CFE. 

Bottom line is that the only time electricity flows out to CFE is when you are producing more than you are using at a specific point in time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good reply John......and that is pretty much the global industry standard for grid tied net metering systems.

The only systems that record all solar production are "FIT" type  (Feed In Tariff) and typically require a separate dedicated "solar production" meter, and a "load" (use) meter.   This only applies in places where one is being paid for all power produced.