Chapala.com Webboard

Mirasol Fracc

9 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

A friend mentioned that Mirasol Fracc has been dissolved and now Chapala is responsible for water etc etc...what happened and when?????

It seems over the past years to have had lots of ups and downs and Fracc Board dysfunction....

Do you know of any that are not dysfunctional? 

2 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

Do you know of any that are not dysfunctional? 

Yes. The one that I live in. 

Chula Vista, lower, which we refer to simply as Chula Vista, seems to be fairly well run, although none are without problems, obviously. For example, trying to keep the daily beer drinkers out of the modelorama area, afternoons and  evenings, leaving bottles, peeing on the walls... this is a constant struggle. Other internal problems seem to usually be taken in hand by residents who pay their fees.

Did I miss something? The OP asked about Mirasol, NOT Chula Vista. Not the same place??? The question was "A friend mentioned that Mirasol Fracc has been dissolved and now Chapala is responsible for water etc etc...what happened and when????? "

If you don't know the answer, it's OK to skip the question rather than prattle on to make it look like you are knowledgeable. Anyone on the Web board  from Mirasol?

Ditto on this, you caught me completely in the dark with this.  I did notice the gate guard had disappeared but didn't think the fracc had folded as well.  Good luck with getting any services out of Chapala,  Mirasol.  Just ask the folks in Riberas about that one.

Thank you Mainecoons and MtnMama , I was holding my tongue waiting for the appropriate answers to appear....as I drove   around I notice the sidewalks were growing weeds etc etc.

But I guess what you save on homeowners fees you could organise your local street/block to clean up!!!...... , Mirasol has good paved streets

The ficus trees in front of the fracc are not trimmed as often as usual.  The sidewalk weeds are appearing where there weren't any before.  And holes are appearing in the streets that haven't been fixed as rapidly.  The place is going downhill since Chapala took over.  And will continue to do so until the fracc takes back ownership.

I've lived in Mirasol as a renter since June 2015. The board was functioning,  the area well kept, and 24-hour guards were  on duty. Now, what  Yo1 is saying is true. The streets and curb sides are overgrown with weeds. The exit has three large potholes we have to navigate when leaving Mirasol. Too bad but it's not unusual to have critics of an operating board cause all kinds of trouble. Or the board itself is not efficient. The fracc has been nonexistent for several months now. I do see the Chapala police cruise the streets and then be on their way. It would be interesting to hear from a homeowner about this situation.

I was living in Villa Nova when its board was having trouble but when I left (in 2015) it seemed on its way to getting its act together.

Lexy

19 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Clean up. You would think it a no brainer for each  owner to donate 1 hour per month of their gardeners time to clean up.  But I guess someone has tried and found it easier to round up a herd of sheep!!!! 

Actually a herd of goats works best. They use goats in the parks in Boulder CO. Great for weed control.

2 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Actually a herd of goats works best. They use goats in the parks in Boulder CO. Great for weed control.

I think that they quit that service in Boulder as the goats were eating up all the "Jane" also....   😉

I lived in Mirasol for 8 1/2 years and the board dissolved about 2 years ago, besides the weeds getting out of control and stuff not being trimmed the homeowners are very happy since water is on more often and they don't have to deal with a bunch of bickering big heads, and incompetents running the office.

5 hours ago, ibarra said:

Just curious. When a fracc. is dissolved, what happens to the funds in their bank account? 

MOST TIMES.....collapse  is because the board is unable to get the homeowners to pay!!!....so guess what there is not money left in the kitty ...that how it works

Check any Fracc or Coto in the area ..they carry a lot of delinquent owners.  Many times when you go to buy a property you will find the owners has not paid city or HOW fees for 3/5/10 years.

There is a process for putting a lien on the property but is is fraught with problems....And with due respect to our Mexican community, most Moros(?) are Mexican

Mirasol's board dissolution and the dissent amongst homeowners was/is a complex issue. Curreently the state of the fracc is in legal limbo, tied up in the courts. It was not due to financial insolvency, contrary to speculation. Water is provided by Simapa, not Chapala. Police patrol is provided by Chapala, trash is picked up as usual. There are many aesthetic improvements needed, but that is supercial. When we are free to open discussions again, I am sure word will get around as it always does. Yes, I live here. Yes, I am an owner. Yes, I still like living here.

Archived