Chapala.com Webboard

Fiber optic cable in Riberas

SoxFan

Yesterday morning as I was coming down Colon from the north or mountain side of the Carretera to the Carretera I saw someone on an electric pole installing some type of cable on the south or lakeside of the Carretera. Sadly I could not see  more as I was turning left and there was traffic behind me.

Just to update... spoke to one of the workers who spoke good english. The fiber optic being currently installed is being done so by Izzi. I took it they are upgrading for the hospital being built and it will be available to all of lakeside within 6 months.

They are outside my house this evening in Riberas.  I spoke to them and they told me it is Telecable, has nothing to do with Walmart or the new hospital.  It is being wired from Ajijic to Chapala, and Telecable hopes to have it completely up, functional, and available to the public in a couple of months.  Looks like Ilox may have some competition if this pans out.  

Competition is good. On the other hand, telecable has burned a lot of people with their attitude and inefficiency of service over the last few years, even after it was taken over by Izzi. Once bitten, twice shy?

3 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

I saw them running that cable down Ramon Corona in SAT going toward La Floresta two days ago.

They are running it the entire lakeside according to the workers I spoke to.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:16 PM, SoxFan said:

Their plans seem alright. I hope it pans out? Yay competition!

https://www.izzi.mx/home

izzi.JPG

I looked at the details of one of their packages, I may have it wrong but I think in order to have Wi-Fi one has to buy another box for 700 some odd pesos. Telecable, (Izzy), is mainly a television provider whereas Ilox is basically a telephone and internet provider. Being that businesses are their main clients I would think they have better experience in providing the service. Time will tell. They had a big sign up yesterday in Ajijic.

If it were Telmex putting in fiber optics I would get excited but with Telecable (Izzy), their cable internet in downtown Chapala (and I just live a block over from their office) is so terrible and unreliable, how do we know if their fiber optics will be any better?  But I guess that it will be a definite improvement and only time will tell for sure.

Saw a Telecable truck on Constitucion a couple of days ago - crew was running a big green cable overhead - no idea what it was exactly - they were headed towards La Floresta.

Just got the following email from ilox......

"Estimado residente de la zona Jocotepec y Chapala, Ilox Telecomunicaciones se congratula en informarle que el proyecto de construccion de red de fibra optica en su zona es un hecho e iniciara con las instalaciones a finales del presente mes para poder brindarle los servicios contratados. Ilox Telecomunicaciones agradece su confianza y apoyo para el logro de este proyecto. Atte: Equipo Ilox Guadalajara.

Dear resident of the Jocotepec and Chapala area, Ilox Telecomunicaciones is pleased to inform you that the optical fiber network construction project in your area is a fact and will start at the end of this month to be able to provide the services you hired. Ilox Telecomunicaciones thanks your trust and support for the achievement of this project. Atte: Team Ilox Guadalajara."

SunFan

• 3 months later...

Fiber optic cable was installed in lower LaFloresta serveral months ago by workers in Telmex trucks.  I know that central Ajijic already has fiber optic service but have not been able to learn when Telmex will make it available to residents of lower LaFloresta.  Telmex has been unable to provide any information.  Does anyone have an update?

Archived