Chapala.com Webboard

Fiber optic cable in Riberas

SoxFan

Some workers are installing a fiber optic cable on the utility poles in Riberas behind 7-11. They are wearing vests with logos of different cell phone companies. One was AT&T. The kid informed the cable is for tv, phone and high speed internet. He said they are working for US Cell. Anyone know anything about this?

Sounds like the same guys from Mirasol. AT&T was just one of several logos; couldn't make out the rest. No US Cell that I know of; there is USACel. Only ILOX would be doing anything with fibre for TV, phone and Internet, but they ain't here yet. He actually said, "fibre", or did he say "bassa"...

My inside source sent me this just now, of outdoor fibre cable:

Turns out most fibre cable is "flat" like this. I cannot see any company popping in to do fibre, off the cuff. Look how long it took to convince ILOX. Anybody doing it has to have agreements with everyone involved: CFE, TelMex, the fraccs... we know that the lawyer who runs roughshod on Mirasol would never just let that happen. The truck I saw was unmarked: the jackets/shirts suggest private contractors... I'd need a lot more detail before running around telling everyone that "Fibre is here! Fibre is here!"

image.png.1103b49093fb9507f073945965a1a003.png

1 minute ago, Alpha1 said:

Telmex was placing fiber at the corner of the intersection near Walmart yesterday. It's coming! I asked when the resident areas north of the location would have it and was told within a year. 

So this is Telmex? I asked the kid installing in Riberas and he said it wasn't Telmex but who knows? Would be nice to know who is behind this.

12 hours ago, MarkWebles said:

" Turns out most fibre cable is "flat" like this."No, it isn't.

Thanks for the incredible insight, webles.

Meantime, Angus, I checked and you are right: distro cable is generally round, drop cable flat. Right now the thing to be looking for are the boxes on the poles leading to each house. And coming into the fracc, of which currently there is no sign.

12 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Thanks for the incredible insight, webles.

Says the king of the one word dismissive reply.

But if you're really looking to impress your friend at the next Microsoft soirée, you could start here...

Fiber Optic Cables.

There are more cables in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Archived