Chapala.com Webboard

New Cable in Mirasol/Calle San Luis

I noticed yesterday in Mirasol that they were stringing some kind of new cable on the electric poles. Very thick and looks almost like 1/2 inch black plastic pipe, but solid with some kind of cable in the middle. Doesn't look like anything that I've seen hanging before.

But today I saw them working on it and running out of Mirasol and on down Calle San Luis. There was an Izzi truck there and I asked the guy and he said it was new cable for Telecable/Izzi. Anyone seen this in other places? Don't know what a fibre optic cable looks like, but any chance that is it?

Fiber optic outdoor line and cable line are similar in thickness. I saw them, too. All their shirts said "AT&T". It was black cable that could have been fiber, although I didn't see any internals, and as far as I know there is nothing going into Mirasol that has fiber, so I'm guessing it is cable TV. (Last time Telecable was installing, the cable was metallic on the outside, not black.)

JP0-Hooper3.jpg

I didn't see the inside either. The outside looks kind of like the bottom one in the pics above and about 1/2 inch in diameter. There were big coils on the ground in the back part of Mirasol. I picked up a section and it is very light weight and as CG says, not like what TeleCable installed before. The way that they have been hanging it in Mirasol looks very temporary.

Archived