Chapala.com Webboard

Presidio Crossing

yes, have crossed there many times in the past. And wanted to continue using it as It is simple and easy and our family lives in Midland Texas.  The only problem with it that now we have avoided is the road from there to south was horrible.  Many potholes and had 2 tires blow out.  And it is a toll road!!  We stopped using it 2 years ago for this reason.  BUT if they have repaired the road it would be wonderful, so if you do decide to use it we would love to know your experience, because that is the way we would always go.  Thank you

It's been a few years, but when we used to go back and forth to Denver, that was much the best route. The border crossing has all the services but is very quiet... no trucks.

It's a long day to Jimenez, Chi, stay over, then take the free road North and cut across the desert to Ojinaga. Make sure you fill up with gas first.

Actually the toll road goes over to Chihuahua City a bit out of Ojinaga and hooks up with Cuota 45 there. It is ‘fairly’ new. The free road there continue on to the outskirts of Camargo or Jiminez whichever you choose.  I have used that crossing/road for years but not recently. The free road was never that great and I could believe that it is now full of pot holes. Just don’t know. 

46 minutes ago, RickS said:

Actually the toll road goes over to Chihuahua City a bit out of Ojinaga and hooks up with Cuota 45 there. It is ‘fairly’ new. The free road there continue on to the outskirts of Camargo or Jiminez whichever you choose.  I have used that crossing/road for years but not recently. The free road was never that great and I could believe that it is now full of pot holes. Just don’t know. 

.... and there is yet another crossing on the SE side of El Paso that connects easily with Interstate 10 in the vicinity of Loop 375. One does get more into SE Juarez but it is on a 4-lane ring-road that connects off of Mexican 45. I have not actually crossed there but know of others that have.

But if you destination is anywhere north or west of El Paso (and even east for that matter), I completely concur with MC's recommendation of the Santa Teresa crossing. That way you'll not have to go into Juarez at all and you'll also have access to Interstate 10, but just a bit farther away from the border to it on that side.

Santa Teresa interestingly enough is in New Mexico as the border between Texas and New Mexico on that west side of El Paso is really crazy.... dashing and darting here and there. There MUST be a good story about that but I don't know it.

Archived