Chapala.com Webboard

Where to Buy 20 Lb. Propane Tank Adapter?

Does anyone know where I can buy a Propane Tank Adapter here in Guadalajara?  Like this - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SLPDTL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I bought a Fire Column in the USA and had it shipped here.  I assumed here in Mexico it would be like the USA and they would have 20 Lb. propane tanks available everywhere.  As you know in the USA they are available everywhere including most gas stations.  I bought a 20 lb. empty propane tank and had it filled at Z Gas here in Guadalajara.  But then I got to my apartment and I realized that the tank has the threads INSIDE of the connector instead of the outside. 

I saw these online on Amazon but when I went to Home Depot and another store they didn't sell these adapters.   Does anyone know a place in Guadalajara that sells these adapters?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 5.43.10 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 5.43.26 PM.jpg

You may want to take your tank to Z Gas at the corner of Revolution and la carretera… opposite El Torito in the Bugambilia plaza. They usually have a guy who does this and various other adjustments to tanks. It used to be on Wednesday's but may have changed. Worth a try before ordering.

Remember that Wednesday's is Tianguis day.

I've bought them at various local ferraterias. And now I use only tall gas cylinders. Saves a ton of time and worry, and they come to my house to exchange them. Cheaper, too, in the long run.

Archived