Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Young Ridgeback needs home


Recommended Posts

Probably belongs to someone, many people allow their dogs the freedom to roam the streets during the day and they come home at night. You should be looking for the dog's owners first before you start offering it up for adoption. Any dog which is fixed, clean and well behaved has a home, which he cannot get to now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

Probably belongs to someone, many people allow their dogs the freedom to roam the streets during the day and they come home at night. You should be looking for the dog's owners first before you start offering it up for adoption. Any dog which is fixed, clean and well behaved has a home, which he cannot get to now.

The dog was roaming the same street for 6 months and almost run over.  I went up and down the street talking to all the mexicans yes because i would not just snatch up a dog.  They ALL said he was born on that street but no one wanted him.  One family pitched in to feed her but didnt want to take responsibility.  Another really liked her but could not keep her.  It is a busy street and she would lie down underneath the cars and nearly hit many times.  So i made the decision to find her a safe home.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Why is it every time someone mentions a dog rescue of some sort, they get beat up for not looking for the owner? We're all adults here with no need for unwanted mommies and daddies.

Because the sad reality is that way way too many dogs are needlessly "rescued". Ask anyone who volunteers at the local shelters. Just being an adult does not make one sensible.

For the OP, who is not needlessly rescuing someone's pet, posting a picture often helps.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Why is it every time someone mentions a dog rescue of some sort, they get beat up for not looking for the owner? We're all adults here with no need for unwanted mommies and daddies.

Because we know of many who were not "rescued" but dognapped. All with good intentions but many people come down here and expect it to be the same as up north. There are many dogs in the shelters who had homes but were picked up off the street. Once they are behind a wall they cannot get home. That is why the advice is if the dog is not injured or sick and looks cared for, leave it be. In this instance, the person has been watching the dog and it appears it is a street dog. Most of the time, it is OK to allow them to live on the street. We just had a street dog apparently taken from our street and dumped in Chapala. This boy was in very good shape and all the neighbors were taking care of him. Now he is in a strange environment and needs to fend for himself. He was happy here and we all were happy to have him here. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, sputnik said:

The dog was roaming the same street for 6 months and almost run over.  I went up and down the street talking to all the mexicans yes because i would not just snatch up a dog.  They ALL said he was born on that street but no one wanted him.  One family pitched in to feed her but didnt want to take responsibility.  Another really liked her but could not keep her.  It is a busy street and she would lie down underneath the cars and nearly hit many times.  So i made the decision to find her a safe home.

 

Good for you, please post more info about the dog and a couple pictures so we know more about it.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Guiness said:

Good for you, please post more info about the dog and a couple pictures so we know more about it.  

 

ok, I am not tech saavy for posting pictures but will get a young person to show me how.  In the meantime I will take a foto and put on the bulletin boards around town.  Thank you for the advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...