Chapala.com Webboard

RELIABLE HANDYMAN NEEDED

Imagine if somebody posted on this board how much they actually pay

"You pay HOW much?"

"Jajajaja"

The ridicule would never stop, and we can guess from where it would come.

2 hours ago, gringal said:

I'd appreciate anyone sharing what they pay occasional workers by the hour.

Tell her that Pappy.

EDIT: I have told what I pay and I will do it again. I have a 3/3 home and my cleaning lady asked for and I pay her 200 MXN to clean on a weekly basis. She sets her hourly pay by how fast she is doing it.

20 minutes ago, gringal said:

I've used their service for almost ten years and am happier having it that having my own part time maid.

Our housekeeper is much happier working on her own. She says she makes a lot more.

5 minutes ago, gringal said:

It was a simple answer, too. I would like to avoid the endless stream of comments that a specific answer would bring.   😉

But you asked others for a specific answer, no?

We have a 2/2 almost 1900 sq. ft. and we pay $250/wk. and give her bus money. She has to climb a VERY steep hill that takes her almost 15 minutes coming up so we are very content with that price.

3 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

But you asked others for a specific answer, no?

It was a different flavor of question.  If you seriously want the answer, contact the service. I suspect you're just enjoying the usual game.

I simply wanted to see a range of what people were paying occasional workers; not a specific worker by name.  I don't want to be either a cheapskate or a overpayer.

My problem with "contractor" handymen is that they the end up wanting the big jobs. Many of us need someone who is happy doing odd jobs: repair a light circuit, fix some plumbing, trim some trees, concrete patching, laying a few pavers, that kind of thing.

Home Doctor; Alberto Farias; (387) 763-1200; Emergency and cell 331-706-9407  plumbing, electrical, painting, pools, a/c units, heaters, appliances.

We use Alberto frequently.  He is dependable and reasonable and speaks English.

• 2 months later...

Suddenly this jumped from handyman to maids.

The maid we use on an "as-needed" basis gets $50 per hour and $30 for bus.

Handymen usually charge by the job. Much better than hourly since hourly jobs give no incentive to do it quickly; just the opposite.

IMO of course.

Archived