Chapala.com Webboard

Ministerio Publico in Chapala

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

So it wasn't a robbery, it was a burglary. Big difference.

Seriously, Angus. Who cares. Interchangeable for most people. In fact, when my underwear was stolen while I was wearing it, I felt like I had been buggergled, not ribbed.

17 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Seriously, Angus. Who cares. Interchangeable for most people. In fact, when my underwear was stolen while I was wearing it, I felt like I had been buggergled, not ribbed.

57 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Yup in the end the goods are gone! Different definition... same outcome. 

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Mr. Boring, that guy. Not to mention, right at the beginning he muffed it, mentioning the old "Roman Maximum"? And I ran a company called WORDSMITH RILEY COMMUNICATIONS for many years, as a writer and editor of all kinds of texts, from speeches to commericals to technical documentation. One thing I learned is we should never get too serious (or boring) about words. The story about the princess, stuck in a big hole, having been given a different definition of the word SAVE, yelling "Frugal me! Frugal me!" to passersby... and there were many dumb princes only too willing to respond.

you used to need 2 or 3 copies of the passport and I cannot remember the rest but I would bring some proof I live there, like a cfe bill and 3 copies, your visa and some copies.. and I do not remember sorry . Take all the papers you can think of and be ready to make copies.. then you go in and they will ask for details descrition of what was stolen wher eit was, how the thieves entered time etc,,  If you are lucky yo will be there an hour if not it could be longer..At the end get the case bumber so you can follow up and retrieve your stolen pieces. If you have invoices  appraisal or whatever  paper proving the pieces are yours bring them.

18 hours ago, Toritrue said:

Hola~. I need to go to Ministerio Publico to file a robbery complaint.  Can anyone tell me where it is, what documents I need to bring, I have a translator who will go with me.  How does this process work?  Thank you.

So... is ANYBODY going to answer the OP's questions?  Where?  Hours open?  Documents to bring?

A quick Web search reveals this information: https://fge.jalisco.gob.mx/content/agencia-investigadora-1-chapala.

Note that I did not search in Spanish, but rather: "ministerio publico chapala".

With an address and phone number in hand, it is an easy call via the OP's translator to uncover all the necessary details.

This thread has provided several answers now: probably documents, LCS visits by MP, and so on.

Archived