Chapala.com Webboard

Sky tv

Drew

I've been using Sky HD for quite a while. It is far better than Telecable with newer equipment, good recording options and telephone apps that allow you to record programs as well as a guide app to see what's on. There are many channels that are broadcast in English but of course there are no US networks and most shows are broadcast in Spanish. Plenty of sports channels but again most are broadcast in Spanish.

Their customer service is far better than Telecable. There is actually an English option on the main menu.

Sky can only be compared to Telecable and Dish Mexico, not Shaw and there is  difference between Sky and Sky HD. The former uses a round dish and points to a different satellite than the elliptical dish for HD feed. 

The elliptical satellite dish is used so that one satellite Dish can pick up signals from satellites located in several locations. Like Shaw with more than one elliptical satellite dish, it means that it can get/receive even more Channels.

For me, Shaw is best because it gives me my home town channels. I also digital HD Telecable, you know channels going above 100 up into the 900s.  (No I don't get 999 channels. The vast majority of channel #s are blank, ie no programming thereon.

And John Shrall I find that service at Telecable has gone down even further since you left and  Izzi has now become the new owners.

• Like 1

It appears to me that whoever is running Telecable/Izzi along the lake has changed their business model, giving up the higher priced digital option to concentrate on the large numbers of locals that are satisfied paying a minimal amount for basic cable.

I was finally able to turn in my old receivers to drop the digital plan converting to basic plus 10mb Internet. For months they said if I cancelled the digital service I could only get 5mb. The sad part is that 10mb service may only occur for a few hours a day. It is mostly 5 or less, often down to dial-up levels.

As soon as the ILOX cable is installed Telecable is gone.

I have it like it.I have the HD package.I also like it because I can order the NFL Sunday Ticket so I can at least get regular season games,Go Hawks.I can also find games not covered with it on the many other sports channels available on SKY

Edited by La Aurora
misspell
  • Like 1

La Aurora: You mentioned, go Hawks. If that means you are from the greater Seattle area and would like the local networks in HD and Seattle PBS in SD, they are all available on Shaw Direct.. I am watching King 5 right now.

• 3 years later...

Their only phone number appears to be Mexico City. Sky removed the English option a long time ago and the chances of getting an English speaking operator is slim to none. The easiest method I've found to contact them is through their chat option online. Use Google Translate to express your issues and then reverse the language to translate the response. Customer service is not their strong suit.

Yeah I've had Skype for about 7 years and I used to be able to talk to them in English I don't know how to translate I have Google translate but I don't know how to put it into the chat option I'll figure that out but what I wanted to say is thank you so much for responding so quickly I really appreciate that hope you have a great day talk to you later bye

• 3 weeks later...