Chapala.com Webboard

Airport parking

cedros

I hope there is long term (3 to 4 days) parking at the airport. I never wanted to use it so I never noticed. If there is I imagine it is marked. How much is it per day?

It's on the roof.  Enter the parking garage as normal, take ticket.  Head up to roof.  At gate put in ticket and take new one.  Upon return pay at machine on ground floor of garage.  When editing put in ticket at gate coming down from roof, take new one to put in machine at parking lot exit.

So I went to the airport for long term (4 days) parking. I took a Mexican friend with me. I told him that you had to park on the roof and go through 2 gates coming and going. He said that was nonsense. So when we got to the parking there the Mexican friend went into the office in the parkade and asked them. They said you can park anywhere and you only had to pay at the usual place and go through 1 gate coming and going. I just returned and that was the case. Maybe things have changed. A regular cabbie at the airport told me recently that there is a real shortage of parking there in the afternoon so they are letting vehicles park all kinds of places they aren't supposed to park.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

So I went to the airport for long term (4 days) parking. I took a Mexican friend with me. I told him that you had to park on the roof and go through 2 gates coming and going. He said that was nonsense. So when we got to the parking there the Mexican friend went into the office in the parkade and asked them. They said you can park anywhere and you only had to pay at the usual place and go through 1 gate coming and going. I just returned and that was the case. Maybe things have changed. A regular cabbie at the airport told me recently that there is a real shortage of parking there in the afternoon so they are letting vehicles park all kinds of places they aren't supposed to park.

So how much did they charge you for the four days?

Yes, but worth it to me. If I don't take my vehicle the taxi cost me 700 each way as enroute the driver takes my dogs to the pet hotel near Ixtlahuacan and picks them up there when I return.

The point I was making is that you don't have to go to the roof and go through 2 gates. 

Archived