Chapala.com Webboard

best way to get to and from Guad. from Ajijic,

From Ajijic, take the Guadalajara directo  via libramiento, it stops at every block on the carretera if you flag it down. It goes by every hour  near the danza del sol it goes by on the half hour more or less and takes you to the old bus station from thre take a cab and goes by black coffee.  No need to go to Chapala  .   To come back you have a choice. you can go to Chapala and then take a bus to Ajijic or you can take the Jocotepec bus and be dropped off wherever on the carretera. The chapala bus goes every hour and do fdoes the Joco bus so you have a bus every half hour.

If you are taking the bus be sure to allow yourself LOTS of time. Clinica Innovare is on the west side of the city off the Periferico Poniente.  Could take an hour to get to GDL then an hour+ to get across town - depending on traffic.  I would hire a driver, cost would likely be about 500 pesos return.

1 hour ago, WideSky said:

If you are taking the bus be sure to allow yourself LOTS of time. Clinica Innovare is on the west side of the city off the Periferico Poniente.  Could take an hour to get to GDL then an hour+ to get across town - depending on traffic.  I would hire a driver, cost would likely be about 500 pesos return.

Who does a round trip and waiting time for 500 pesos??

Uber is available from lakeside .

Taxi from San Antonio to Rio Clinic in Guad. for a scan cost 1200 pesos. The driver did wait for me, and was helpful.

Could have taken the bus for 50 pesos, however the circumstance was stressful enough, so on this occasion  my usual 

frugality took a back seat, literally.

I would go to the bus terminal in Ajijic and catch the express bus to Chapala.

Take the bus to Guad and don't forget your INAPAM card for half price fare if you have one. Enjoy the ride in your reserved seat.

From the bus station, the Clinica Innovare in Zapopan is 10.2 miles and busing there is virtually not an option. Take a cab or Uber for that leg with Uber being quite a bit cheaper.

On the return, there are so many places to eat and things to see, I would tend to add one or two downtown to my itinerary. Two come to mind. The fish taco place raved about in the forum's La Cocina section: http://mexicocooks.typepad.com/mexico_cooks/2008/06/mexico-cooks-and-el-mural-at-taco-fish-la-paz-in-guadalajara.html and the Mercado Liberdad   https://www.sanjuandedios.com.mx/ both about a 20-minute walk to the bus station and between each other if you are a walker.

Relax and enjoy the trip, it will be an adventure only the first time.

32 minutes ago, bmh said:

Angus The joco bus goes directly to Guadalajara without going via Chapala, no need to go to Chapala  from Ajijic to go to Guadalajara. You cut out a lot of time by not going to Chapala.

If it does, then catch it in Ajijic, not at some parada along the way.

7 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

Who does a round trip and waiting time for 500 pesos??

Uber is available from lakeside .

I hired a driver and went to a GDL hospital every day for a month - so 1 hr trip each way + 2 hour visit at the hospital - cost $500 pesos round trip; it wasn't the same driver each time either; Also when follow up appointments were required it was still 500 or 600 pesos/trip.

Angus U go to Guadalajara on a regular basus from Ajijic and I flag the bus down .. when you are on the carretera  you have to know where the bus stops are as they are not  really marked but you can stop almost at every block where there is a spot for the bus to stop.  They stop just past Rio Zula coming from Joco and them a block further.. if you are used to take the bus you can see where thre us more space for the buses to stop.  So call those stops paradas if you like but they are just about every block. 

O

n the way back I get off at Villa Nova and there is also a stop called Rancho del Oro...

They also stop in front of Torrito and also at the bus "station in Ajijic  at Black Coffee and several other spots. 

Meanwhile Widesky sounds like he or she got the best deal with the driver.. better than Uber..so the OP should make a deal with that driver.

15 hours ago, WideSky said:

I hired a driver and went to a GDL hospital every day for a month - so 1 hr trip each way + 2 hour visit at the hospital - cost $500 pesos round trip; it wasn't the same driver each time either; Also when follow up appointments were required it was still 500 or 600 pesos/trip.

Get that drivers name!!!

On 6/24/2018 at 6:39 PM, WideSky said:

This happened recently? now regular taxi wants 400 just one way... 😮 from the airport...

Archived