Chapala.com Webboard

BOBBY'S LA TERRAZA

gringal

2 hours ago, gringal said:

I think you're holding this man up to a more demanding standard than is warranted by the reality of the case. I see it as "Mexican Modern Lite" to please a local audience.  Why so harsh

Sorry, I didn't think I was being harsh. Just carrying on the conversation...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Sorry, I didn't think I was being harsh. Just carrying on the conversation...

That may not have been your intent, so let's let that be.  Since I was coming from a business point of view rather than that of a person seeking culinary authenticity, I had nothing more to contribute.

5 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

El Sope with octopus. Cancun. Cutting edge. Definitely mexico modern.

9199iF0D85255A9BDD887.jpg

A+ for the presentation. Love it is on a metal pan.

Oops, there is no sauce on the plate. Is it under the piece of paper?

6 of us had lunch today and 5 out of 6 were not impressed, I had to go home to find something to eat. 3 of us had the grizzle arrachera salads with maybe 4 small slices of fatty meat, I had to spit it out it was so bad. Lettuce, orange peppers a couple of tiny grape tomatoes and hot zucchini. $75p for iceburg lettuce, not even a fancier lettuce, no dressing. Menu limited.

Service boys were good.

Our group won't go back, I felt bad because it was my idea.

52 minutes ago, barbara habacht said:

I hope you are getting freebies for your reviews....we had lunch there...two of us and we were NOT motivated to go back....maybe if he renamed the place "Casa Ordinary," it would fly.

That is an unfounded personal insult, and you should be ashamed.  All I have tried to do is offer some balance to the negativity being posted.     So, have your kicks taking part in the "stoning" of a business....the likes of which I can't recall ever seeing on here before.  Possibly, some of you are just getting more mean spirited with age, or maybe it's contagious and spilling over from NOB.

Needless to say, I regret starting this thread and IMHO, it would be a mercy if the Mods closed it.

QUOTE FROM BARBARA HABACHT (above) I hope you are getting freebies for your reviews....we had lunch there...two of us and we were NOT motivated to go back....maybe if he renamed the place "Casa Ordinary," it would fly.

Wow, can't we disagree without going for the throat? I can't imagine what would would make you get so damnably personal over food. This is just food, right? Not world peace. Read the news, feel grateful and relax.

8 hours ago, gringal said:

There's no grizzle arrachera salad on the menu listed but in any case, the "appetizer" size salad is half the price of the "entree" size.

No wonder she left hungry.  It wasn't meant to be a full meal.😄

Actually it was the rib eye salad but according to the three in the group that ordered it the meat was not good at all, definitely not tender as a rib eye should be.  

9 hours ago, kam said:

QUOTE FROM BARBARA HABACHT (above) I hope you are getting freebies for your reviews....we had lunch there...two of us and we were NOT motivated to go back....maybe if he renamed the place "Casa Ordinary," it would fly.

Wow, can't we disagree without going for the throat? I can't imagine what would would make you get so damnably personal over food. This is just food, right? Not world peace. Read the news, feel grateful and relax.

Reading the daily news is anything but relaxing and not inclined to induce gratitude or hope for world peace.  You've addressed the wrong person for your little lecture.

The "freebie" comment was very personal and deserved the response it got.  Also, the negativity in both threads on this subject has been greater than any businessman deserves unless he's cooking Chihuahuas and presenting them as Mexican Modern hot dogs.

Are we done yet?  I certainly hope so.

Archived