Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic to Guadalajara RT bus questions

Hey folks, 

Google maps is confusing me a bit.

I'm trying to get to this address in Guadalajara:

Av Adolfo López Mateos Nte 1042, Italia Providencia, 44648 Guadalajara, Jal.

Which bus to which station is best?

Later that same day, I'll swing by the hospital, and will then need to choose a bus and terminal from this address back to Ajijic:

Av. Adolfo López Mateos Sur # 1401 Col. Las Amapas, CP 45640 Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco, Mexico

Should I go to a different terminal? I understand that there are two.

New to town, without a car. Any advice is welcome.

Aimée

Take the DIrecto bus from Chapala to Guadalajara.  It takes you to the old station.  I think they leave on the 1/2 hour  Walk out of the bus station (bus is 55 pesos with assigned seats)  and catch a cab as a cab to just about anywhere in Guad is 100 pesos.  My best advice.  Have done this trip many times.

" Which bus to which station is best? "

The bus from Chapala only goes to the 'old' station which is in downtown Guadalajara. The 'other, new' bus station is out in the Tonala area and is more or less where one goes to get buses to elsewhere in Mexico (yes, I know one can get buses to other places from the old station too).

1 hour ago, RickS said:

" Which bus to which station is best? "

The bus from Chapala only goes to the 'old' station which is in downtown Guadalajara. The 'other, new' bus station is out in the Tonala area and is more or less where one goes to get buses to elsewhere in Mexico (yes, I know one can get buses to other places from the old station too).

Thanks very much, RickS

The old station is "Zapopan"?

All the buses from here go to the old bus station.  You don't have to tell them which terminal you want as you have no choice.  Walk out the exit and take a cab which will probably only be about 50 pesos.  Do the next leg of your trip by cab the same way...just flag one down and give him the address.  Cab back to the old bus station by telling the cab driver bus station for Chapala.  He'll know which one that is.  There are still lots of local buses running around in Guad but you would have to change bus lines several times and they are slow and crowded.  In addition, if you don't know where it runs you could spend a lifetime trying to figure it out.  Just take cabs once you get into town.

Alan

Yes, or you can go to the Ajijic bus sttion, on the carretera just north of Colon, and catch a “directo“ to Guadalajara.  Otherwise, you will probably jump on a bus and go to the main bus station in Chapala. Buses go from there to Guadalajara about every 30 minutes.

Archived