Chapala.com Webboard

Good day everyone,

As some of you are aware, Roy Nolan has decided to step down as the videographer of the Ajijic Open Circle. I have been fortunate enough to have the task fall to me. As part of the transition, Roy has given me his archive of DVD's (going all the way back to October 18, 2009) and the blessing to do with them as I see fit. After much thought, I have decided that the right thing for me to do is to give them to the public without any charge. Over the next few months, I will be uploading them to my Chapala Drone YouTube channel. In return, I am hoping that each of you will help me reach my goal of 1,000 subscribers on my YouTube channel. So, my commitment is to transfer the data from approximately 324 DVD, produce and convert then to .mp4's, and then upload them to YouTube (not a small task). And all I need you to do is subscribe (Click Here) to my channel and get your friends and family to subscribe. I look forward to the upcoming year and all the great videos, comments, likes, shares, oh and yes subscribers!

Ok guys, so yesterday was a good start to the subscribing project (15 new subscribers). I must admit with the apx 129 people who have viewed this thread (I know it is actually less), I was expecting a little more. Never the less, On my side, I have been working hard the last 3 days and have gotten 1/3 of the DVD transferred to my computer. I have discovered that several of the DVD are missing and Roy has said he has a good portion of them on DV tape. So he will convert them to DVD and I will go get them and convert them to  .mp4. So that is how it is going on my end. please tell your friends and family to subscribe to my channel. Just search "Chapala Drone" I'm at the top of the page. Thanks

So today was a slow day... One of my two DVD writers crapped out early this morning but I was able to get 50% of the DVD'c transferred. If anyone has a DVD they don't need and want to donate, PM me (I can pull it out of the PC if needs be). Please keep the subscribers coming. If you are on FB, share my post!!

Update: So I believe that I will finish transferring all of the data today. There are about 10 "lost" episodes that I am waiting to get from Roy. Once I get those, I will start uploading to my YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe and click on the bell so you will get notified once I start uploading!

• 1 month later...

Archived