Chapala.com Webboard

Outside thermometer

cedros

Does anyone know where one can buy a thermometer for outside? No luck at the notion store on Ajijic plaza or Home Depot.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, sm1mex said:

Check the garden store, lake side just past the 7/11 convenient store going East in Riberas.  They have a wall with all kinds of things hanging on it.

I will try there again.

The Garden store has none. Amazon.com.mx has some but they are imported. The last time I tried to get something from them that was imported it took a month. It went into the US postal system and then the Mexican one-where they could not find it. 

Buy a plain thermostat used for heating or A/C they for sure are available, also at the same time pick up a magnifying glass to cover it with or buy a cheap pair of reading glasses to hang next to the stat.  

On 6/11/2018 at 1:42 PM, cedros said:

Does anyone know where one can buy a thermometer for outside? No luck at the notion store on Ajijic plaza or Home Depot.

Are you looking for a outdoor thermometer with large numbers or a weather station with outdoor mentor?

The garden store actually has them on order. I was in there today because I'm waiting for the hanging baskets I ordered. I will check for you when I go in again tomorrow. I can have one put aside with "Cedros" on it if you wish.

I have never been able to find an outdoor thermometer here in almost 20 years of looking. The ones I have are brought in from Canada or purchased from Amazon U.S. Mexico's culture does not have an interest in the outdoor temperature, except to go outside and feel it.

7 minutes ago, Ferret said:

The garden store actually has them on order. I was in there today because I'm waiting for the hanging baskets I ordered. I will check for you when I go in again tomorrow. I can have one put aside with "Cedros" on it if you wish.

Did she happen to mention what style? Large and round, tall and thin...? Large numbers or small...?

I had several that I brought from Canada but I gave them away thinking I could easily buy replacement ones here but.....

6 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Did she happen to mention what style? Large and round, tall and thin...? Large numbers or small...?

She had gone to pick up the shipment and I was speaking with her son. I'll let you know more when I see them.

I also wanted a rain gauge but the one she had wouldn't work for me since I have no freestanding posts to which I can attach it

29 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I have never been able to find an outdoor thermometer here in almost 20 years of looking. The ones I have are brought in from Canada or purchased from Amazon U.S. Mexico's culture does not have an interest in the outdoor temperature, except to go outside and feel it.

In the Mexican culture, the temperature outside is the same as the temperature inside.😀

They did not come in at the Garden Center. Superlake has one but it is of poor quality.

Archived