Chapala.com Webboard

Cafe Montana, Chula Vista

ibarra

I am quite bored with all the pontification about smoking and pets in restaurants. JUST DON'T GO! We are blessed with an abundance of restaurants here.

Personally I do not smoke and MY dogs would rather stay home where they have a lovely large yard and plenty of food and water. 

GET OVER IT!!!

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Pets are pets. Beloved most often, yes. But they are pets, not people. They will not die of loneliness when left at home for a couple of hours. They will not bother anyone when left at home. They will bother many people when brought into a restaurant.

Pets stay at home millions of times a day, all around the world. There are reasons for laws forbidding pets in restaurants. Some here seem to believe that Mexican laws are not like real laws, and don't apply to gringos and expats. What BS.

Some people also don't realize that pets often shed, nothing like animal dander or hair to ruin your appetite.

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2018 at 12:59 PM, Lexy said:

Sure would like to know more about the food here.

Lexy

I love the food there!  The roast beef sandwich with potato salad is my favorite!!   And their lemon tart!  So-o-ooo good!.. I always order an extra one to take home!!  The garden area is beautiful to look at and the tables are  as gorgeous as all the lights above!!  I also held a private party there at 5:00 for 45 people and they did a great job!  Beer & wine is also available!

maw

4 minutes ago, Xena said:

Two salads and one bruschetta cost more than 650 pesos? 

For $650 pesos, it should be a gourmet treat.

What was someone posting elsewhere about pricey restaurants being a sign that the area is "evolving"? And here I thought it was a nice quiet lakeside place to retire, with affordable dining out as a bonus.  Can't say I'm looking forward to the final "evolution".

Last ate there a few months ago. We each had full breakfasts and coffee drinks. Don’t remember the bill being outrageous, probably not more than 300 pesos for two people. Have they raised their prices that much or is there something missing from the story? 

On 6/17/2018 at 9:51 AM, Alpha1 said:

Yes indeed! 

Dogs and smoking..wow just like old times....BUT they do have reasonable priced  no nonsense food ...not exactly where you would take your girlfriend out for a romantic meal.... BUT it does have a unique atmosphere...and the Ladies Aux work darn hard to bring you those "Specials"

Archived