Chapala.com Webboard

Plumber that can find a slab leak?

I understand there is a very small camera that can be pushed into the pipe to see where the leak is. I can't imagine how it is done, but someone posted about it on the forum, maybe 5 to 10 years ago.

Jose Martinez, electrician and plumber, whom I have known for over 10 years, has a special camera that can pass thru the pipe and relay back the image so as to find the problem. He used it at my condo about a year ago. He has assistants to help. Not cheap, but does an excellent job. He's at 333-174-1282.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Jose Martinez used his camera to find a blockage in the sewer pipes for us a few years ago. The equipment to find slab leaks is different - something about thermal and acoustic detectors.  I may have to bring someone from Guadalajara, but I thought I'd check if anyone had gone through this already.  And if I can't find anyone, I'll probably go with Martinez.

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, JustenGlad said:

Well, consider hiring slab leak repair experts for that and plumbers can also be able to fix those problems but for a particular problem hire a professional expert so that the problem will not happen again.

How would a U.S. company that notes on their web site they "serve the Carolinas" be of any use here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:41 PM, Cronopio said:

I may have a leak in the water line (supply, not sewer) under the house slab. Anyone know of a plumber that can find leaks like that?  Apparently there is specialized equipment that can be used to locate the leak under the slab.

If you are sure you have such a leak the ear is the best instrument. Th plumber can put an air compressor on the line and put a little more pressure on it that he water pressure. The pressure will fall as it goes out the  leak. You go through each room and listed carefully. They located my gas leak by such a method withing a foot under the slab. Then the cure is to cut through the floor. Of course you may find it in the wall or outside as well. Good luck! Last good number was 331-361-6610

Also there is a plumber who has fixed pool leaks for people I know, who are happy with his work, Ivan Torres 331-149-3864 

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

How would a U.S. company that notes on their web site they "serve the Carolinas" be of any use here?

Spam bot.  Should be deleted...sometimes their links will have a bug. The thread is 2 years old.  The bot @JustenGlad did the same in a thread on tree services, where he answered a 2 year old post and put in a hinky link.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Not to mention the service call charge!   😉     a Mod should delete the post and the poster account, agree with Bisbee Gal.

• Like 1