Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing Perm. Resident card

2 minutes ago, barrisroom@aol.com said:

Had a visit from the INM.and was asked for my immigration card.no problem but they pointed out that it is expired. Anyone know what is needed to get a renewal

Resident Temporal has to renew the card.  Resident Permanente does not.   Sounds like you are Temporary.

I don't think you can renew if it is expired.  I think you have to apply again from the beginning in your own country.  This would be a good time to pay for professional advice from someone like Spencer. ( Intercasa on this board ) I think you should make an appointment right away to see what your options are.

The old  Mexican Immigration FM2 Inmigrado cards didn´t have an expiration date on them which was talked about endlessly here 6 years ago. It was resolved that you should go into your INM office and exchange it for the current Residente Permanente card. Maybe some people didn´t do this.

I doubt if there is any need to require the sevices of any attorney.

The person either has a RT or is the victim of a potential scam. A visit to INM office would soon resolve the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, gringal said:

Resident Temporal has to renew the card.  Resident Permanente does not.   Sounds like you are Temporary.

Thank you, They were incorrect in telling me my  card was expired. Pretty bad when the people enforcing the rules do not know the date they read was the issue date. Any idea how to get a new one anyway as this one is falling apart. should just need my passport and maybe a few pesos. Any idea would be helpful. Thanks.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:07 AM, barrisroom@aol.com said:

Had a visit from the INM.and was asked for my immigration card.no problem but they pointed out that it is expired. Anyone know what is needed to get a renewal

Yes I was wondering why they were at my door. Felt real uncomfortable and had a little trouble locating my card of course. Thanks for all the input. I contacted Spencer and he said the Perm. cards do not expire, which is what I thought all along. Card date is 15~02~2013........issue date. Silly Me believing the Immigration Officers.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:07 AM, barrisroom@aol.com said:

I have lived here more than 20 years with both a FM-3, a Temporal and a Permanente and NO one has ever knocked and said INM or Migra to check my immigration card. Pretty suspicious.  I do always carry my migration card when I leave the house and have been asked for it many times at Puesto Control and by local cops who really don't have that authority but claim they do. I just cooperate and show it with my car papers.

Archived