Chapala.com Webboard

How to stop "UNO TV" spam on cell phone

I get constant annoying "messages" from these clowns and there is no way to reply.  How to stop?

This is not a smart phone it is a dumb phone.  I have stopped other spam by replying with "baja" but there is no way to do that with this spammer.

Anyone getting this and have figured out how to block?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I hate them as well and blocked them.The block seems to expire every year or so and they suddenly start appearing again.

I have a friend who says she actually doesn't mind getting them- she uses them to improve on her Spanish reading skills, while alerting her to something in the news she might be interested in researching further.

I used the BAJA message to 2222 several times and UNOTV continued to send me daily messages.  I finally got fed up and went into TELCEL and show them all my attempts to stop the message.  The clerk used "2252"  BAJA instead - it worked.  So if you continue to receive the UNOTV messages - try 2252 instead.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, congodog said:

I will get some help. I don't know how to "send to 2222".  I can only respond to the original message.  

You just go to where you create a new message on your phone, as if you were sending anyone a text message. Type in Baja, then send it to 2222, just like you would send a text message to someone's phone number.  It doesn't work to try to send it as a reply to the UNOTV text.

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

You just go to where you create a new message on your phone, as if you were sending anyone a text message. Type in Baja, then send it to 2222, just like you would send a text message to someone's phone number.  It doesn't work to try to send it as a reply to the UNOTV text.

OK, thanks!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...