Chapala.com Webboard

Requiring a reliable plumber

kamytoo

You posted this under Mexico General. Does this mean you do not live lakeside. If you do or don't, in what city do you need this plumber? That way one can better make a recommendation.

4 hours ago, johanson said:

You posted this under Mexico General. Does this mean you do not live lakeside. If you do or don't, in what city do you need this plumber? That way one can better make a recommendation.

I need to have a garburator installed in my kitchen sink.

Here is a simple way to get contact information for a plumber. I simply started up Windows 10 and activated the microphone and asked Cortana for contact information for a plumber. I do not know where you are located but just for an example I told Cortana. I need contact information. My location is Mexico City and I need the telephone # for a plumber. Cortana answered also showed a map of where the plumber was located and here is a copy from Cortana's written screen giving me the telephone # she just stated It was +525531188857. Don't call that number. This plumber is in Mexico City.

The next time I simply said I need a plumber and Cortana answered, "I would be happy to help you. What is your location? I left clicked on the screen to let Cortana know where I was and she showed me a list of 5 plumbers very close to where I am located. I am up north so I wont share those numbers with you.

Another solution might be to look up what you need in the Telmex phone book or in one of several phone books written in English available lakeside. Good luck

It might work and if not, I also recommended to check one of your phone books. I have all three, the book from the LCS, the one from the telephone company, and that third smaller one meant for English speaking lakesiders.  Being up north I couldn't check any of the phone books to ensure the information is there. But I bet it is.

Since the OP asked for "a reliable plumber" I assume he/she didn't want to check the phone books, Google or any other AI source. They wanted a real person to suggest a "reliable" plumber. Unfortunately, they still have not indicated where they live so giving them the name and phone number of a reliable plumber here in PV might not be of any value to them.

We shall see if the OP clarifies location.
😀

I totally agree. Thinking s/he did not want to say what city s/he is located in, I was just being extra helpful, knowing that all of us old folks know how to use Cortana on Microsoft or Siri on your iPhone or other Apple product :P'

Sorry if my sense of techie humor has gone too far. But my solution does work.

Archived