Chapala.com Webboard

Spell check for Google translate

I use this a lot...don't we all!!! Something has been bothering me for a long time. When i enter English text into the box at left I have to make absolutely sure that all the spelling is correct (I am not a good speller) since there is no spell-check that usually has a red line under misspelled words. When I ask the young guy that I hire part time for computer work he simply shrugs his shoulders and says "No lo sé". He claims that this feature is not available on Google spell-check. I simply refuse to believe that since Mr. Google is the smartest person on Earth (is this not true?). Is there a magic fix for this? Gracias

Ignore this message.  It is not working very well.

In the box on the left, right click the mouse. In the pop up, click on Spellcheck.  In the new pop up, make sure the bottom two items are checked.

OK, thanks for that. Not like traditional spell-check...after you type in a misspelled word it gives a drop-down of the suggested replacement. This is OK but what if you are cutting and pasting a block of type and there are misspelled words? Still like the traditional red underline, right click and getting many replacement suggestions. Just asking. Maybe Mr. Google is not a smart as i thought.

• 9 months later...

Archived