Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
green bay wi

city water in Riberas

We have been having an issue with our water for the past few weeks and it seems to be getting worse. While taking a shower there is a sudden sulfuric odor coming from the water....Is anyone else having this problem and/or does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? We have a UV system but the bulb is about a year old. Thanks in advance for any tips....

4 minutes ago, SunshineyDay said:

Angus do you know someone locally who will do this?

Any plumber worth using should.

2 minutes ago, SunshineyDay said:

Actually it may not be the water heater! The water in Riberas is awful!

Isn't all water here awful? Check your rod in the "boiler", they need replacing even in Colorado.

• Like 1

I'm in Riberas too and using the same water. No Sulphur smell. But I have an on demand heater so I think that Angus' suggestion merits some investigation.

• Thanks 1

I just had the plumber here for the same reason and he said there is a great deal of sediment in the water. I am changing the UV filter and the water treatment system filters and hope it is the answer.

• Thanks 1

If sediment is a problem you might try placing two sediment filters in line prior to the charcoal filter...

A relatively cheap fix...

• Thanks 1

Even here in Ajijic I was constantly going through those expensive sediment cartridges.  Finally I had Jackie of H2OLE install an automatically backwashed fine sand filter and it has worked flawlessly and pretty much paid for itself in the savings on filter cartridges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspect sand filters are the way to go.