Chapala.com Webboard

Dead Dumb Phone-Best place to find replacement

My "dumb" flip phone decided to die today and I'm in the middle of a real estate deal.  I need a replacement, also suitably dumb, with the biggest screen, largest buttons and loudest speaker I can get.  Where am I most likely to find the best selection of replacements?

No, I don't want a "smart" phone.  I already live with a wife and cat who are smarter than me, I need to at least be smarter than the phone.  :D

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Not a bad idea but the listing shows not available.  However there are some others listed that are.  Thanks very much for the suggestion.

No disponible por el momento. 

I got my dumbphone at the Telcel store on the side street next to Alex Pasta.  It was around 30 bucks.  I keep it in the car for emergencies.  There a little metal thing you can use to make dialing easier, though a pencil with eraser will do fine.

Here's to dumbphone users keeping it simple !

And it gets worse as I get older. Now in order to try to keep up with the younger generation I recently upgraded to the iPhone X and a new Apple watch. What is really embarrassing is how many of the apps I used to use all of the time, that I can't remember how to use any more..  But I shall keep on lying to myself that I am 20 years younger and that very old picture of me on the left hand side of the post is how I look today.

Honestly, that picture is 10 to 15 years old. But I don't want to change it and be reminded how old I really am. It is much nicer to simply lie to myself. :) 

And in answer to Mainecoons. Be glad you have the common sense to buy what you need and not be like me still pretending I know how to use all these new toys that I keep on wasting my money on.

15 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

OK I ordered one off of Amazon.  It will take a couple extra days because it is coming from the Smithonian.  :D  :D 

Thanks for the help Pappy!

What brand did you buy?

19 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

It is some Chinese cheapo I am sure for a whopping 649 pesos.

I have an inexpensive Blu, simular price, as backup for the family. Sometimes I use it if I don't want to carry my smartphone. 

Simply amazing.  I ordered this from Amazon, yesterday on a Sunday 22 hours ago.  They just delivered it to my door.  I wasn't charged for delivery.

It is perfect.  My sim card fits it.  It is the same size, same big buttons, same screen.

Happy camper!!

5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Simply amazing.  I ordered this from Amazon, yesterday on a Sunday 22 hours ago.  They just delivered it to my door.  I wasn't charged for delivery.

It is perfect.  My sim card fits it.  It is the same size, same big buttons, same screen.

Happy camper!!

Congrats MC, now close your RE deal! Down here in PV most items from Amazon mx are delivered by Paquete Express which also is super quick. Ours usually come the 2nd day after they stop in GDL and come down overnight for delivery in the morning. Delivery in Mexico is sure a lot better than it used to be!

Archived