Chapala.com Webboard

a lakeside "gay scene"

A recently opened bar in Ajijic is gay owned and draws a mix of customers. I can't remember the name, but maybe someone else will. If by "gay scene" you mean "gays only", that doesn't exist in lakeside, you'll have to go to GDL or Vallarta. Lakeside friendships seem to be more all inclusive than separatist and one's sexuality is seldom a factor in determining friendship here.

Gato Negro (black cat) used to be the best bar in Chapala Centro. They had strippers, prostitutes and great music. Two gay guys bought it a month ago and I stopped going. Couldn’t handle guys grabbing each other’s behinds —- but if that turns you on that’s the place for you

1 hour ago, MarkEliot said:

Gato Negro (black cat) used to be the best bar in Chapala Centro. They had strippers, prostitutes and great music. Two gay guys bought it a month ago and I stopped going. Couldn’t handle guys grabbing each other’s behinds —- but if that turns you on that’s the place for you

Poor you, any other homophobic advice you might have for us? Have you found a new bar complete with hookers for your pleasure?

7 hours ago, Stymie said:

Infierno aka Inferno on Hidalgo has a very diverse clientle, welcomes everyone, not unlike most place I patronize in Ajijic

Thank you. That's the name I couldn't remember. My friends love the diversity and friendliness there and it has become one of their favorite stops when they are out and about.

10 hours ago, Aquaponicsman said:

Speak for yourself, Chillin! I have to walk with my back to the wall in Ajijic on Friday nights!

image.thumb.png.3482f77408c26aee3e600fc5ce2f2a4d.png

And I guess you think this is humorous? What a nasty, bigoted, homophobic thing to say!  

And the picture you included, what exactly is this supposed to portray?

Greg Weeks, perhaps now you understand why there is no well-known place for gay men to socialize?  There are many hateful, bigoted people from the North who have come down to Mexico and perpetuate their homophobia.  And they often make their sick beliefs publicly known to others.  

Archived