Chapala.com Webboard

Gardner to be

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I didn't realize there were such strict rules concerning what we can and cannot discuss in any given thread. Good thing you're here to keep us on the straight and narrow, nurse Ratched.

I have no problem with threads wandering and people talking about whatever. I was responding to Angus' comment which just seemed like it was intended to make the OP feel stupid for wanting to grow their own food. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I have no problem with threads wandering and people talking about whatever. I was responding to Angus' comment which just seemed like it was intended to make the OP feel stupid for wanting to grow their own food. 

Oh, well in that case, okay.

11 hours ago, Xena said:

The OP asked where s/he could buy bedding plants, not seeds.

The nursery just as you enter Jocotepec has a great variety of beautiful herbs. It is across the road from the PeMex station as you enter town. It is at the weird intersection where you go to the malecon. The nursery has a chain link fence around it and they have plants out in front. Can’t miss it. I was impressed by the selection and health of the plants.

Right on Xena. How did the thread wander into seeds? Nobody asked where to find seeds, I sure wish we could stop the hijacking of threads, sigh!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Many of us, on this board, are much too old to be sowing any seeds any more.  😥

They need to invent an attachment for your cane or walker for planting seeds.  HAHAHA  Just kidding.

We go to viveros often (in Ajijic, San Juan Cosala, San Antonio, and Riberas) and have never seen bedding plants for tomatoes. Sometimes the local viveros will have single large tomato plants, sometimes even cherry tomato plants in hanging baskets. Exotica vivero has some herbs and some lettuces and chile plants. San Antonio vivero has more of a selection of herbs usually- we have found tarragon there, but not lately! The organic gardeners club mentioned by a poster above sounds worth checking into, as well as the vivero in Jocotepec- haven't been to that one yet.

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2018 at 11:17 PM, camillenparadise said:

I've got thousands of heirloom seeds, all refrigerated, likely viable when I arrive August/Sept. Happy to share

I sent you a PM.

9 hours ago, David Rodwell said:

Will citrus grow at your altitude, rainfall and temps?

Oh and the Mercado Libre is easy to find...just take the carretera to second to the last stop sign and turn right.

How do I know when I'm at the "second to last stop sign"? Is there a sign saying that? ...And my "Military" right?

12 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

How do I know when I'm at the "second to last stop sign"? Is there a sign saying that? ...And my "Military" right?

I guess that's the hell of it ain't it! And just to be clear...it's your other right!

• Haha 1