Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone used the Contec Building System locally or know of someone?

The Contec manufacturing plant for the BUILDING SYSTEM is in Monterrey, but the product/building system is available in Guadalajara.  I've been told that some houses and businesses have been built lakeside using this building system.  

>>>>I'm trying to find contractors locally who have used this system, I would like to see some finished houses/buildings, and identify some sort of technical assistance to train and/or monitor the building system.

I've tried to contact the company in Guadalajara via email and telephone.  They apparently do not have anyone with any English and the staff has not responded to my emails where I've used 'translated' Spanish. 

Texas has several companies that are selling this system, but I hope to find some technical assistance locally.  I do know the product is available.

Thanks for any leads ....

It has unique advantages and benefits for you whit this material:

such as:
- THERMAL INSULATION FOR LIFE
- ACOUSTIC ISOLATION
- FIRE RESISTANCE
- DO NOT GENERATE SALITRE
- DOES NOT REQUIRE CROSSING OR FLATTENING
- IT IS BUILT 50% FASTER THAN A TRADITIONAL CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
- GENERATES A MINIMUM OF WASTE AND SCUBA

7 hours ago, vista lake said:

It has unique advantages and benefits for you whit this material:

such as:
- THERMAL INSULATION FOR LIFE
- ACOUSTIC ISOLATION
- FIRE RESISTANCE
- DO NOT GENERATE SALITRE
- DOES NOT REQUIRE CROSSING OR FLATTENING
- IT IS BUILT 50% FASTER THAN A TRADITIONAL CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
- GENERATES A MINIMUM OF WASTE AND SCUBA

It is a great product in the proper environment, however with the ground movement in this area it can be disastrous. This is based on the professional opinion of a builder who has experience with the product and a civil engineer. 

I have used Hebel which is very similar, different brand. It is a great building system, cleaner and faster than traditional brick or block. It ends up being a little more expensive but it does provide a better indoor quality due to its thermal and acoustic (very often under valued) properties. 

1 hour ago, NachoOE said:

I have used Hebel which is very similar, different brand. It is a great building system, cleaner and faster than traditional brick or block. It ends up being a little more expensive but it does provide a better indoor quality due to its thermal and acoustic (very often under valued) properties. 

If you don't have any movement you are absolutely correct. 

Archived