Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Telmex # 376 ??? ????

I wish to talk with someone in the Ajijic office of Telmex who speaks English. About my most recent bill where I was charged for all my calls to the USA even though its esentially free to call the usa on the 389 plan. Bill si overdue. please assist. Im in ther states. 800# solutions arent working. Get the number off their biz card if you can! Thanks in advance

mexArt

Suggest you go in person if possible to handle this as it will be a lengthy process. We have been here 10 years and do not know of a local number.  FYI - If you dialed an 800 number in the U.S. by actually using 800 and not 880 ect., you will be charged as that is not a free call (expensive lesson).

7 minutes ago, cafemediterraneo said:

Please read your bill. The 399p plan allows 100 local calls per month,but not long distance.

Telmex's website says the 399p plan includes, "200 minutes to cell phone, 100 local calls and minutes LADA"

I read that you get the 100 calls whether they are local or long distance (LADA).

The 399 plan does allow for long distance calls within the 100 call limit.  I have made several calls to Canada within the last year or so and not been charged extra for any of them.

1 hour ago, cafemediterraneo said:

Please read your bill. The 399p plan allows 100 local calls per month,but not long distance. The 599p allows for 100 free minutes of calls to USA and Canada as well as the local calls...

You may wish to re-read your bill for the 389 peso package!

Remember that in years past, one had unlimited long distance calls to some 50 countries per month with the $389 package. This has been recently tightened up. Now we only have 100 minutes long distance to those countries each month, not to include 800 numbers which cost almost $7 pesos per minute.

For only $499 pesos per month, one gets "Telefonía ILIMITADA" or unlimited calls. (But again no free North of the boarder 800 numbers)

The wording on my latest TelMex bill reads:

Incluye: Rente de la linea + Infinitum + 200 minutos a cellular 044/045 + 100 llamadas locales + minutos LDI y LDM ilimitados + Servicios Digitales + las mejores tarifas Lada

I don't believe the long distance is limited to xxx calls or xxx minutes.  Ilimitado = Unlimited.  My guess is that it depends on what your contract said when you signed it.  

No, I signed my account 20 years ago. In those days they charged long distance for calls everywhere in Mexico.  To see the latest rates why not go on line to Telmex and check. Why not go here http://telmex.com/web/hogar/conexion-a-internet

and you will see that the $389, not $399 package gives you 100 llamadas locales y minutos LADA.

I write again you have 100 local calls, no mention of time limit and 100 minutes for long distance per billing period, which is per month.

I believe LADA means Area Code.   LDI = Long Distance International.  And again my bill says minutos LDI y LDM ilimitados.  

As far as LADA, all my bill says about that is "best rates LADA."

edit: LDI in Spanish stands for Larga Distancia Internationale

You are correct, Bisbee Gal. Sorry. So doesn't your bill say 100 minutes International long distance and unlimited Long Distance in Mexico?

That is what I was told by Mexican friends a week ago when I was in Mexico.

The good thing is if you wish to speak for more than 100 minutes long distance per month to the States or Canada, you get unlimited calls at the $499 per month plan, plus faster internet when it becomes available, if it isn't already.

12 hours ago, johanson said:

You are correct, Bisbee Gal. Sorry. So doesn't your bill say 100 minutes International long distance and unlimited Long Distance in Mexico?

That is what I was told by Mexican friends a week ago when I was in Mexico.

The good thing is if you wish to speak for more than 100 minutes long distance per month to the States or Canada, you get unlimited calls at the $499 per month plan, plus faster internet when it becomes available, if it isn't already.

Again my bill reads: minutos LDI y LDM ilimitados.  

UNLIMITED LDI (Larga Distancia Internacional) and UNLIMITED LDM (Larga Distancia Mexico).  ILIMITADOS means UNLIMITED. 

Archived