Chapala.com Webboard

Where can I get a toilet tank?

I need a toilet tank, not the bottom part. I asked a store in Chapala and they said they the only place I can get a separate tank is in Guadalajara. Personally, I don't believe that.

Any idea where I can get a toilet tank locally Chapala/Ajijic.

Can someone give me the name/number of a plumber that is local that may have one?

Thanks.

EB

You will discover that toilet buying is somewhat of a joke. You can't get lids for the tank; you get a choice of two colours; locally, all the standard toilets have that ugly piping showing on the side. You can go to Guadalajara and experience the same lack of regard for customer choice.

We couldn't get a lid anywhere; ordering on line was not an option because there is no way to tell what the correct size is. So we bought a full toilet at Amutio, had to order it from Guad. Were also told that if we didn't like it, too bad: no refunds, ever.

Unfortunately, neither the colour or the look is satisfying for the particular bathroom, so it is still sitting in the box. We even had to buy a seat; they don't come with it. $1500p down the toilet.

2 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I need a toilet tank, not the bottom part. I asked a store in Chapala and they said they the only place I can get a separate tank is in Guadalajara. Personally, I don't believe that.

Any idea where I can get a toilet tank locally Chapala/Ajijic.

Can someone give me the name/number of a plumber that is local that may have one?

Thanks.

EB

Why do you need just the tank?  Asking because IF the problem is a cracked tank I know where you can get it repaired (fibreglas lined) --- but it's in Guad.  Also they make lids to fit your old lid in case that one breaks --- can duplicate all kinds of colors including blue, green,    wine, etc. --- from the "old" days.  We have had two lids and one tank done by these people with excellent results.

Call me for more info   766-3580

I can't imagine hauling a tank out of the bathroom (espec if you are a one bathroom house) and taking it into Guad to get repaired, then coming back another day to pick it up. Another eson for replacing the tank is if the holes that bolt it to the bowl get damaged by over-tightened bolts that deform the holes, and cause leaking.

But certainly good to know that service is available.

Archived