Chapala.com Webboard

Free second landline?

I just got an email from TelMex telling me that, on the $599 plan, I can get a second line "sin costo". Not sure how they can do this, especially in an area such as lakeside where getting even one line can be impossible...

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I just got an email from TelMex telling me that, on the $599 plan, I can get a second line "sin costo". Not sure how they can do this, especially in an area such as lakeside where getting even one line can be impossible...

Why don't you go in and ask them face to face?  That way you'll get "the goods" instead of a lot of well-intentioned but nonetheless "opinions"!

I know Natasha. And when she has a problem like that she checks with someone at Telmex, and sometimes gets info that wasn't fully described on line. Luckily, in her case she has become fully bilingual and can phone someone at Telmex.

My Spanish, although getting better, still isn't good enough to get the info over the telephone. So I occasionally have to go to the Telmex office and kind of sort of speak Spanish and get the information. I know I can phone an 800 # and speak to someone in English, but I usually get better and more reliable information about what is available where I live, by going in to the Ajijic Telmex Office.

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

Why don't you go in and ask them face to face?  That way you'll get "the goods" instead of a lot of well-intentioned but nonetheless "opinions"!

I for one would not trust any answer I received in person at that Telmex office. YMMV

Many new modems have 2 phone line ports.

Here in California, using the facilities of the regulated phone company (ATT), our little local ISP in the redwoods offers a service termed xDSL 'bonding', where the two phone-line capacity of most domestic connections is exploited to double xDSL performance.   All four copper wires contained in a standard home phone cable (two twisted pairs of two U.S.standard color coded phone line wires each) are attached to a special modem as if they were two phone lines (which they are). This 'bonding' results in one xDSL connection at twice the speed of one such line. I don't know if this provides a second phone number and service.  Given that xDSL service degrades with distance from the phone company hardware line-card facility, a lot of people could benefit from this option were TelMex to offer it responsibly.   

Help.....cant find an English speaking Trelmex operator to discuss my last Chapala bill where I was charged for all my calls to the USA. I given up on the 800 Telmex and now want to call the Ajijic Telmex since the key people there speak English. Could you give me the office Phone numbers please or any of the individuals Cell #'s. Im back in the states but will call them. My bill is now over due too so sooner the better.

Archived