Chapala.com Webboard

Shipping Artwork via FedEx within Mexico (Crossing into Tijuana first)

earlyretirement

I purchased a new construction apartment in Guadalajara (Zapopan) and it was finally completed.  I purchased a ton of new furniture in the USA and had it shipped down to Guadalajara and the process was really a hassle because the company didn't really communicate at all.  Plus it took several months (when they initially told me it would only take one month).   It seems like most companies doing it aren't good.    I asked all my Mexican friends and they also said they had nightmare scenarios with who they used too.

I moved all the big stuff like beds, sofas, tables, entertainment centers, etc.   Now I just have some artwork for the walls that I have in another property and I don't want to go through another customs broker.  I'm thinking of just driving to Tijuana (I live in San Diego) so it's very convenient for me.    Is it possible to just cross into Tijuana and just drive to Fed Ex and just ship the package there?    Will the Fed Ex office in Tijuana ask me for any documentation on the package?  I assume not since it's from Mexico to Mexico but I'd appreciate any advice/thoughts from those that might have done this.

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, earlyretirement said:

Is it possible to just cross into Tijuana and just drive to Fed Ex and just ship the package there?    Will the Fed Ex office in Tijuana ask me for any documentation on the package?  I assume not since it's from Mexico to Mexico...

You will need import clearance because you are in the border zone, even though you are in Mexico.

Archived