Chapala.com Webboard

reputation points

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ned small said:

Are you saying that there are "special" members that have this option because I sure don't. Question for the members then . which of you can like your own post or like your own accont?

I can't figure it out, either. Must take someone with very good computer skills/knowledge to be able to bump up their own score.

12 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

I can't figure it out, either. Must take someone with very good computer skills/knowledge to be able to bump up their own score.

I do not think it would take any skills but I do not think I should say in open forum.

26 minutes ago, Tiny said:

You are going to laugh it is so simple.  Just open a couple extra user ids.  hahahaha

Isn't that what I was implying????

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Mods should be taking this thread down. Bad enough some of the childish attitude we find on here sometimes, but now a way to "cheat"? Really, grown people cheating. How lovely.

I can not be the only person that thought of that method.  If the points are that important, then they should make it harder to set up an user id.

8 minutes ago, gringal said:

That's even more pathetic than a border promotion.

Of course it is but I don't know about you but I don't doubt for a minute it's going on.

2 hours ago, johanson said:

Ask Pedro, aka Nedro, aka Ned. He can explain it to you.

Have another rum and coke and weren't you let go by a local English newspaper where you had a "column" as a computer '"expert" but you pretended to be "press" to get into events by flashing a fake press card?

ned small "computer incompetent extraordenaire"

That sounds like a good ideal, Nedro. I still have my press card. What events would you recommend I try to get into? Perhaps the Millet Oilers? I'm u p North. Oh darn. I left my card in Ajijic. Could you perhaps send it to me?  :)

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

I can not be the only person that thought of that method.  If the points are that important, then they should make it harder to set up an user id.

The time and software involved to check every applicant's IP is not worth it. Plus, two people in the same house share the same IP address, and then what? As it is, you need a confirmation email to make sure you are not a scammer or a 'bot, and that's about all they can do. Advertising how to cheat is not a good preventative measure.

Nedro is in fine booze... er, form... today, isn't he? Insulting people he doesn't like with absolute BS statements. This is usually about the time of day he strikes, after the third round.

35 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Nedro is in fine booze... er, form... today, isn't he? Insulting people he doesn't like with absolute BS statements. This is usually about the time of day he strikes, after the third round.

Haven't even finished my morning  decaf coffee and if the rum and coker uses some sort of press card what do you call that activity when he is not employed in that capacity? Further more you know nothing about me nor my friend Pedro in real time. As a business person wouldn't it be to your advantage to let people know that you know the difference between reality and fantasy?

ned small "realist"

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

I have used up my points allotment for the day otherwise i'd give you a good one.

28 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

The time and software involved to check every applicant's IP is not worth it. Plus, two people in the same house share the same IP address, and then what? As it is, you need a confirmation email to make sure you are not a scammer or a 'bot, and that's about all they can do. Advertising how to cheat is not a good preventative measure.

I am just saying is that a point system based on customer feedback is worthless.

I shouldn't say this, but it is the truth. I love it when I kid around in a friendly way meaning no harm, when Nedro takes it negatively and then attacks me. Especially as I meant him no harm when I posted what I did. He is so sensitive.  My relatives in Calgary said that this often happens with Millet Oiler fans. ::P:P

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

I am just saying is that a point system based on customer feedback is worthless.

I don't think that's what it's meant for. In the older software, the name of the user who posted a like was shown, so you would know who to thank (or disparage). All these icons are good for is to give people something to do when they particularly like or dislike.

2 hours ago, ned small said:

Haven't even finished my morning  decaf coffee and if the rum and coker uses some sort of press card what do you call that activity when he is not employed in that capacity? Further more you know nothing about me nor my friend Pedro in real time. As a business person wouldn't it be to your advantage to let people know that you know the difference between reality and fantasy?

ned small "realist"

Homer-Simpson-D'oh-tiny.jpg

2 hours ago, johanson said:

I shouldn't say this, but it is the truth. I love it when I kid around in a friendly way meaning no harm, when Nedro takes it negatively and then attacks me. Especially as I meant him no harm when I posted what I did. He is so sensitive.  My relatives in Calgary said that this often happens with Millet Oiler fans. ::P:P

You have no relatives in Calgary just like you have no "family" cottage on Vancouver Island.  Pedro is from  Millet and I, ned small am from Edmonton and  I laugh at you for your feeble attempts at hiding your passive aggressive behaviour when confronted by  your intellectual superior. can i post your more current photo taken only  about 6 years ago at a meet and great with your friends on the other local board? I like to kid around in a friendly way too meaning no harm of course.

ned small

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I don't think that's what it's meant for. In the older software, the name of the user who posted a like was shown, so you would know who to thank (or disparage). All these icons are good for is to give people something to do when they particularly like or dislike.

I was not talking about the icons. I like the idea.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:29 PM, bdmowers said:

Just  saw this tooling around.  Anyone know what a reputation point is or how you get one?

I was talking about the reputation points. If anybody may cheat, I think it would be for these. That is why I said point system.

Archived