Chapala.com Webboard

Using my Telcell phone in Canada

I have used my telcel phone when visiting Canada and the USA for the last two years. It works great! The only draw back is people trying to call you from a Canadian number. They are charged long distance. I now get them to text me and I just call them back. 

18 hours ago, mcintlm said:

I have used my telcel phone when visiting Canada and the USA for the last two years. It works great! The only draw back is people trying to call you from a Canadian number. They are charged long distance. I now get them to text me and I just call them back. 

Thank you mcintlm.  Do you have a special package  like "sin frontera" . Were there roaming charges?   I just have the basic 199/month pack.

I have the 'Sin Limite' plan, and I can make unlimited calls from Mexico, Canada or U.S. with no roaming fee.  Your phone will show the roaming symbol, but it doesn't charge you for it.  Ana at the Telcel office beside Alex's Pasta Bar explained to me that the symbol shows just to remind you that you are outside the Telcel zone, but not to worry.  My plan costs 199/month which includes the unlimited calling, plus 1024 mb of data.

55 minutes ago, suegarn said:

I have the 'Sin Limite' plan, and I can make unlimited calls from Mexico, Canada or U.S. with no roaming fee.  Your phone will show the roaming symbol, but it doesn't charge you for it.  Ana at the Telcel office beside Alex's Pasta Bar explained to me that the symbol shows just to remind you that you are outside the Telcel zone, but not to worry.  My plan costs 199/month which includes the unlimited calling, plus 1024 mb of data.

That is great.  That is the same plan I have.  Thank you

Archived