Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex out?

My Telmex line has been out since yesterday morning. Internet works OK, but no dial tone. Seems my neighbors have the same problem. We are in the Las Palmas/La Christina area. How widespread is this? Using my cellphone I can call Chula Vista Norte, but not Puerto Arroyo.

Any other reports?

In La Canacinta, our TelMex line went out about noon Saturday but came back on late afternoon.

I should have said that we have the internet back, but still no phone service.

Our Shaw satellite  was down for two days, I didn't know if the source of the problem lay with the T.V or the service provider in Canada, so finally called a technical guy to get some answers.

.Wouldn't you know..... the full service was restored just as the guy came through the door.  No explanation, no apology from Shaw.

Still had to pay the tech guy for his one minute visit.  Wish I could find an alternative to Shaw..... so many channels that we never watch, and channels that we enjoyed have disappeared.... and the repetition  of ads. is driving me nuts. (I know, moan, moan, moan.) 

This happened last week for a couple of days in various parts of lakeside east of you. So I used my cell phone, which I thought was also having problems, because I was getting beeps... but of course those landlines were out, too.

13 hours ago, Jistme said:

Our Shaw satellite  was down for two days, I didn't know if the source of the problem lay with the T.V or the service provider in Canada, so finally called a technical guy to get some answers.

.Wouldn't you know..... the full service was restored just as the guy came through the door.  No explanation, no apology from Shaw.

Still had to pay the tech guy for his one minute visit.  Wish I could find an alternative to Shaw..... so many channels that we never watch, and channels that we enjoyed have disappeared.... and the repetition  of ads. is driving me nuts. (I know, moan, moan, moan.) 

Unfortunately, that is the life. Cable or satellite "back home" is just the same; doesn't matter the service. I'm lucky enough to have very high-speed Internet, and I download everything that I don't need to see "live", so I suffer no commercials.

14 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Unfortunately, that is the life. Cable or satellite "back home" is just the same; doesn't matter the service. I'm lucky enough to have very high-speed Internet, and I download everything that I don't need to see "live", so I suffer no commercials.

Without commercials, how do you know what to buy? hahahaha

Archived