Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico is part of North America and the size beds found up North are found down here too.  I have purchased sheets and mattress covers from Costco in Guadalajara for my US Queen sized bed.

I recently replaced an older US bed when in July 2016 I purchased a Queen sized Tempur-pedic bed at Liverpool in  Guadalajara. I compared it to the same product in Seattle and it was exactly the same.

Pete - usually beds here do have different dimensions from the US. Read this blog for the differences:

https://www.finefurnituresandiego.com/blog/mexican-vs-american-mattress-sizes.html

To the OP - you can have beds made here for your specific needs - the furniture store in Riberas that used to be CD and now has a different name can do that for you - I know some helpful person will come up with the correct name.  Oscar runs the place now and is good.

22 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

Pete - usually beds here do have different dimensions from the US.

The story says, "Queen and King mattresses are the same in both the United States and Mexico." Usually, really?

12 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

The story says, "Queen and King mattresses are the same in both the United States and Mexico." Usually, really?

but if you read the dimensions, there are differences - more or less the same - but not the same.

I bought a WENDY brand queen size mattress about 15 years ago in Guadalajara.  I buy my sheets in the USA.  They always fit perfectly.

And my WENDY mattress is still fabulous, best mattress I've ever owned.

• Like 1

I only know that there are beds made in Mexico with different measurements than in the US and that there are beds available here that have the same measurements as the US.  Because I was used to the US size, that is what I chose when I  purchased beds  here in Jalisco

• 1 month later...

This may not be terribly helpful, but in Mexico City, Sears and Costco both sell U.S. sized mattresses.  As someone 6' tall, I barely fit onto Mexican mattresses, so I'd want a U.S.  queen size, which is six inches longer than the average Mexican "matrimonial" mattress, and it's wider too. The graphic is from Mattress Firm's website. If you go with the custom options, here are the sizes you'll want. 

U.S. Mattress Sizes.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hola Liana. I noticed you wrote about your experience with a Wendy mattress back in 2018. Do you still like it? May i contact you directly if you do still like it? Or, can you just respond whether you like it and if you're a side sleeper. :) Firm or medio?

thank you

kathleen

We recently bought a Mexican queen size mattress and it is 6 inches shorter than the USA counterpart.  I don't like it since I am 6 foot 1 inches tall.  We knew of the difference but had trouble finding a USA  size  at a reasonable cost.  Our deep pocket bottom stretch sheet doesn't work well on the Mexican mattress.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, paiger said:

Hola Liana. I noticed you wrote about your experience with a Wendy mattress back in 2018. Do you still like it? May i contact you directly if you do still like it? Or, can you just respond whether you like it and if you're a side sleeper. :) Firm or medio?

thank you

kathleen

Hi Kathleen, I am just seeing your post!

Yes, my queen size Wendy mattress is still as good as new (after 15+ years) and is still as comfortable as the day I bought it.  The model is Anther; it's a double pillow top.  It's not super-firm, but it's not soft and squishy, either.  I don't know if they still make that one or not.  In 2004 I actually went to the factory in GDL and lay down on all the floor models they had available and picked this one.  I have not regretted the purchase for one-half second.  I used to sleep on my side, but now I sleep on my back.  Either way, the mattress has been and continues to be marvelous.  

Same here. They've all been Wendy's I've bought over the years, and they seem to last forever and be just the right firmness. Although even with the pillow top, I always add a featherbed for the ultimate in comfy sleeping.

• Like 1

Buying a new mattress WAS on my to do list for this spring. I will never buy another memory foam mattress since I have to rotate it every month so the hole I'm sleeping in doesn't get too deep. It was expensive and absolutely not worth it.

I had already decided on a Wendy and was interested in the one that helps to keep mosquitoes away (Mosquit). Anyone have that model? And, does it work as advertised?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 7:06 PM, johanson said:

Mexico is part of North America and the size beds found up North are found down here too.  I have purchased sheets and mattress covers from Costco in Guadalajara for my US Queen sized bed.

I recently replaced an older US bed when in July 2016 I purchased a Queen sized Tempur-pedic bed at Liverpool in  Guadalajara. I compared it to the same product in Seattle and it was exactly the same.

As stated by Johanson, Liverpool in Guadalajara has a selection of NOB matttresses and will deliver.  

And now because this old post of mine and the fact that I am about to buy new bedsheets, I had better see which type of Queen Size mattress I have. So I would like to thank the person who just replied to my very old post.

Thank you Kim, where ever you are today for providing the measurements of the different sized mattresses.

Edit: I reread my old post and answered my question :)