Chapala.com Webboard

VOIP INTERNET CALLS NOT WORKING

My Vonage VOIP Internet phone is dropping a lot of calls and Vonage is wanting to have Telmex change some router configuration to get better reception.  I am wondering if anybody else has run into the situation and if Telmex  is ableor willing  to change anything on the router configuration,  especially since my instructions  from Vonage are rather complicated, and of course are also  in English...

NO they will not, nor do they need to. Vonage is guessing. Do a factory reset on your modem, by holding a pen or pin in the little reset hole in the back of the modem until the lights go crazy. Wait 5 minutes for the Internet to come back, and try again.

This presumes that your Interent download and upload speeds are high enough. Fortunately, Vonage doesn't need much. Go here: speedof.me

Excellent advice from CG. Telmex isn't going to change any router settings. I have my own router connected by ethernet cable to the Infinitum router and I get much better coverage of the signal in distant areas of the condo. I also have it because I can flash the settings and install a VPN on it, but that's another story that has been adequately discussed at length already.

Archived