Chapala.com Webboard

4G Solar

Tiny

Has anyone had any experience with a solar company called 4G Solar in GDL? I got a quote 60,000 MXN for 5 panel, model Risen 340 watt.  I do not have any knowledge concerning solar.

Not familiar with either 4G or Risen.

Send a PM with your email or phone info, and I'll help you connect with a top quality brand name system by experienced installers, at the same cost or lower.

1 hour ago, Go Solar said:

Not familiar with either 4G or Risen.

Send a PM with your email or phone info, and I'll help you connect with a top quality brand name system by experienced installers, at the same cost or lower.

Thanks for the reply but basically we are done shopping.  I just wanted a final check if anyone knew any negative about the company or if the price was way out of line. 

On 5/2/2018 at 7:40 PM, Tiny said:

Has anyone had any experience with a solar company called 4G Solar in GDL? I got a quote 60,000 MXN for 5 panel, model Risen 340 watt.  I do not have any knowledge concerning solar.

Not aware of the brand having 340 watt 320 watt should retail for under $4000 each so 5 panels = $20,000    5  340 watts would produce a peak of 1.7kw.  a 2kw string inverter retails for abt $13,500 total $33,500. Panels mount base, conduit, circuit breaker, cable and MC4 connectors $3000 max so installation is  $23,500

2 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Not aware of the brand having 340 watt 320 watt should retail for under $4000 each so 5 panels = $20,000    5  340 watts would produce a peak of 1.7kw.  a 2kw string inverter retails for abt $13,500 total $33,500. Panels mount base, conduit, circuit breaker, cable and MC4 connectors $3000 max so installation is  $23,500

Is your amounts in US dollars or pesos? I am not sure.

The panels are Risen (that is company, not model) 340 watt. The total package (5 panels, control boxs, installation, etc) is 60,000 MXN.

I quoted prices in pesos. I am familiar with the Risen brand. I only have the price for 320 watt. Solar panel prices are based on a per watt price so retail for the 340 watt should be  appx $4350 each so 5 x $4350 $21750 for 5 panels so you are paying about $21500 for installation

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

I quoted prices in pesos. I am familiar with the Risen brand. I only have the price for 320 watt. Solar panel prices are based on a per watt price so retail for the 340 watt should be  appx $4350 each so 5 x $4350 $21750 for 5 panels so you are paying about $21500 for installation

I stand corrected. The price of the package (5 panels, control panels and installation) is 52,000 MXN. IVA Is 8,000 MXN. 

Was the 21,500 you said installation include the control panel?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 7:40 PM, Tiny said:

Juan Caro Mena, of 4G Solar, is an honest and reliable businessman. I have known him for almost 10 years. His knowledge of the industry and attention to detail allow him to offer the best solutions to his clients. He is professional and dependable.  And he always honours his commitments.

38 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Juan Caro Mena, of 4G Solar, is an honest and reliable businessman. I have known him for almost 10 years. His knowledge of the industry and attention to detail allow him to offer the best solutions to his clients. He is professional and dependable.  And he always honours his commitments.

HAHAHA Juan was just here. I have come to learn that every word of the above comment is true.  The installation is complete and tested.  Juan is going to start the paper work with CFE.  He upgraded the panels to a 360W version. If anyone wants information about the company and/or equipment, PM me.

Let the credit begin.  

Archived