Chapala.com Webboard

Bobby's prices

Al Berca

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mrs. Rupert said:

Why would you go to a restaurant and expect a ´to go´  box.  You are paying for a meal, you went there for a meal- not two meals.  Are you looking for leftovers when you dine out?

Some of us cannot eat a whole meal at one sitting for a variety of reasons.  What is wrong with taking home food you have paid for but not consumed to eat later?  I always do that and, yes, one meal becomes two of more for me.

6 hours ago, bdlngton said:

Some of us cannot eat a whole meal at one sitting for a variety of reasons.  What is wrong with taking home food you have paid for but not consumed to eat later?  I always do that and, yes, one meal becomes two of more for me.

There must be a demand for it, but many local restaurants serve far more food at lunch than I can eat at one sitting.  One restaurant has a "special" burger day where the burger could easily be cut in half and serve two people.  I suggested to the owner than he should offer a choice of a "papaburger" and a smaller "mamaburger", but no dice.  Unfortunately, burgers don't do well on reruns, so "to go" doesn't work out, but other dishes make a good warmup dinner item.  The general advice of doctors is that dinner should be small and far from bedtime.  Sensible advice, IMO, for a good night's sleep.

4 hours ago, gringal said:

There must be a demand for it, but many local restaurants serve far more food at lunch than I can eat at one sitting.  One restaurant has a "special" burger day where the burger could easily be cut in half and serve two people.  I suggested to the owner than he should offer a choice of a "papaburger" and a smaller "mamaburger", but no dice.  Unfortunately, burgers don't do well on reruns, so "to go" doesn't work out, but other dishes make a good warmup dinner item.  The general advice of doctors is that dinner should be small and far from bedtime.  Sensible advice, IMO, for a good night's sleep.

Some restaurants thinks that the large portions is a form of marketing.

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Rupert said:

Listen to what I am saying, please.  If you cannot eat the whole meal, then fine, bring it  home.  I am saying do not expect a restaurant to give you enough food to bring home for another meal.

Seriously, does ANYONE expect a restaurant to do this?😄

Mrs. Rupert, do you see anywhere in my comments that I EXPECTED leftovers or TWO meals?  Many restaurants we go to serve so much food that I have to take it home.  I was simply saying that is not the case at Bobby's restaurant.  I sure wish people would refrain from putting words in other's mouths that were never said and never meant to be said.

41 minutes ago, gringal said:

Seriously, does ANYONE expect a restaurant to do this?😄

I do when I go to Focaccia. I could go there with the raving munchies and would still have to take some of my pasta dish home. Their servings easily serve two.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Rupert said:

Listen to what I am saying, please.  If you cannot eat the whole meal, then fine, bring it  home.  I am saying do not expect a restaurant to give you enough food to bring home for another meal.

I repeat: I knew exactly what Wookie meant. You, apparently, did not, and even after having it explained to you, still do not.

29 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

I do when I go to Focaccia. I could go there with the raving munchies and would still have to take some of my pasta dish home. Their servings easily serve two.

Focaccia is a great place.

Archived