Chapala.com Webboard

Key Covers / Key Caps ???

46 minutes ago, benji's mom said:

Most of the small roadside key stands have them.

Also, many stands carry key lube.  It is fine graphite powder. Important to use but can be messy.

59 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Oh yes, they have them. At 3 times the price.

Yes, it may cost 3 times the price but you may have  to spend 6 times in gas if you have to drive somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

Yes, it may cost 3 times the price but you may have  to spend 6 times in gas if you have to drive somewhere else.

Yes, my grandma was one of those obsessive coupon collectors. She'd get the weekly paper, check out what was on sale that week at which grocery store, then spend more money in gas driving around to get 10 cents a pound off on chicken in one store, and 5 cents off  a package of crackers in another, than she saved if she'd just have gone to one store. 

It's just that I was in Home Depot one day for other things, remembered I needed some of those key covers, then laughed when I saw they wanted 3 times more than what my local hardware store or key kiosk charges.

15 hours ago, mudgirl said:

It's just that I was in Home Depot one day for other things, remembered I needed some of those key covers, then laughed when I saw they wanted 3 times more than what my local hardware store or key kiosk charges.

They must be better at Home Depot because they cost 3 times more.  HAHAHAHA

Archived