Chapala.com Webboard

Where is the FABRIC OUTLET STORE?

A few times in the past people mentioned a "fabric outlet store" NOT in Guadalajara but definitely driving distance from Lakeside. Does anyone know where it is? What is it called? Info or website with hours/directions and also what do they have (upholstery, dress, or all kinds) in the way of fabric?  Thanks in advance. 

5 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

A few times in the past people mentioned a "fabric outlet store" NOT in Guadalajara but definitely driving distance from Lakeside. Does anyone know where it is? What is it called? Info or website with hours/directions and also what do they have (upholstery, dress, or all kinds) in the way of fabric?  Thanks in advance. 

Their fabric is 90% acrylic clothes fabric piled on pallets, I don`t know if you`d call it "dress" fabric. There is plastic fabric across the back wall, a lot of blue denim fabric, white denim-like fabric usually printed with things like "Whole Foods" and suchlike.  There is a nice selection of  thick linen in many colors in the front, in 2-6 yard lengths, none in bolts. I don`t recall any upholstery fabric.  Rough kinda place, fabric sold by the kilo.  Still, fun to go to just to see what they have that moment in time.

4 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Their fabric is 90% acrylic clothes fabric piled on pallets, I don`t know if you`d call it "dress" fabric. There is plastic fabric across the back wall, a lot of blue denim fabric, white denim-like fabric usually printed with things like "Whole Foods" and suchlike.  There is a nice selection of  thick linen in many colors in the front, in 2-6 yard lengths, none in bolts. I don`t recall any upholstery fabric.  Rough kinda place, fabric sold by the kilo.  Still, fun to go to just to see what they have that moment in time.

Thank you for this information. I've always wanted to check it out but now I know they probably won't have what I want.

20 hours ago, gogirl said:

Thank you for this information. I've always wanted to check it out but now I know they probably won't have what I want.

They may not have what you want for your specific need right now, but if you sew, those places are really worth checking out. Yes, majority is synthetic and ugly, but you never know what you're going to find, it always changes. Not in this particular outlet, but a similar one elsewhere, I found a partial bolt of gorgeous mossy green DeBall cotton velvet, which is super-expensive stuff, for less than $2/m.

14 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

They may not have what you want for your specific need right now, but if you sew, those places are really worth checking out. Yes, majority is synthetic and ugly, but you never know what you're going to find, it always changes. Not in this particular outlet, but a similar one elsewhere, I found a partial bolt of gorgeous mossy green DeBall cotton velvet, which is super-expensive stuff, for less than $2/m.

Thanks mudgirl. It may be worth a visit.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:33 PM, Zeb said:

Natural fiber fabrics seem to be rare here.  I have yet to find any.

Centro Mercantil Villanueva, Calle Pedro Buzeta 409 in the Santa Teresita neighborhood.  The second story contains natural fabrics.

Archived