Chapala.com Webboard

Noise control experience

Gerry

My neighbor, a Mexican that is probably the largest employer in Chapala, lives next door to an evento. It can go on all night and you would think his leverage would count with the administration, but it does not. Suck it up folks, Elon Musk will colonize Mars before it changes and you will all have been long gone.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I can only think that those gringoes who believe that Mexicans in general are totally okay with music amped at ear-splitting decibel level, especially during hours when working people sleep, do not speak enough Spanish to talk to locals to understand that while the young crowd may think it's great, the middle-aged and elderly generally do not. Nor do mothers with babies- the babies seem to sleep right through it, but the mom's are kept awake and then have to get up with the baby at 5 AM. Sure, they like a good fiesta. But I've noticed that family fiestas, i.e. weddings, quince-años, and birthdays usually have nice traditional or modern-day balladeers music earlier in the evening for the older crowd, then grandma and grandpa may go home to bed and the music is more raucous for the young folks.

Insanely amplified music is not "traditional". And it is not just a pain in the butt, it is causes permanent damage to everyone's hearing, including your Mexican neighbors.

I guess that you didn't bother opening my video and I suspect that you don't have any real contact with Mexicans, especially those  under the age of 60.

3 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

My neighbor, a Mexican that is probably the largest employer in Chapala, lives next door to an evento. It can go on all night and you would think his leverage would count with the administration, but it does not. Suck it up folks, Elon Musk will colonize Mars before it changes and you will all have been long gone.

Exactly! And don't forget a snowballs chance in haitch. Tilt, tilt.

16 hours ago, ned small said:

I guess that you didn't bother opening my video and I suspect that you don't have any real contact with Mexicans, especially those  under the age of 60.

Hey Ned - I did view your video.  The venue that it was taken was in Guadalajara, I believe specifically in Zapopan.  I think most of the complaints here are about noise lakeside.  I have performed at most of the clubs in Ajijic and San Antonio in the past several years.  We have an end time of 11pm.  The owners always let us know if the volume needs to come down.  We don't use large amps.  My bands are usually a mix of Mexicans and gringos.  We play blues, perhaps similar to the band in your video.  On nights that I'm not playing I often hear rock bands playing gringo music at  different venues.   I understand the frustration of some folks that might live very close to Eventos, where the music can go on until early morning, but that's how it is.  The clubs in Ajijic and San Antonio rarely have "insanely amplified music" especially after 11:30.   Most of the folks that come to my gigs are over the age of 60 and they come to dance and enjoy the music.  I'm sorry that some of you don't like gringo music, but it's here to stay, just as the Eventos are.                    Blue Jay Slim

IMG_9458.JPG

1 hour ago, Scoville said:

Hey Ned - I did view your video.  The venue that it was taken was in Guadalajara, I believe specifically in Zapopan.  I think most of the complaints here are about noise lakeside.  I have performed at most of the clubs in Ajijic and San Antonio in the past several years.  We have an end time of 11pm.  The owners always let us know if the volume needs to come down.  We don't use large amps.  My bands are usually a mix of Mexicans and gringos.  We play blues, perhaps similar to the band in your video.  On nights that I'm not playing I often hear rock bands playing gringo music at  different venues.   I understand the frustration of some folks that might live very close to Eventos, where the music can go on until early morning, but that's how it is.  The clubs in Ajijic and San Antonio rarely have "insanely amplified music" especially after 11:30.   Most of the folks that come to my gigs are over the age of 60 and they come to dance and enjoy the music.  I'm sorry that some of you don't like gringo music, but it's here to stay, just as the Eventos are.                    Blue Jay Slim

IMG_9458.JPG

Yes in Zapopan because that's the only vid my friend had of the band Tequila Blues and other carnations of same. Some members he's known for many years. They have played in this area too. They are ALL Mexican and even here they play to mostly a Mexican crowd. Here is my friend the token hoser harping with them to about 200 people 90% of who are Mexican and they boogied waaay past the witching hour for old gringos and hosers. Waldo Haro beside him learned some English from doing gringo music

pedro y tequila blues.jpg

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Another thread running off the tracks. 

If you really want off the track, I have a master plan. As an outside observer the last 20 years, Lakeside has gone from one community (retirement) type starting 20 years ago to three communities (retirement, family, and resort) now. These three are all mix together in a small place. 

The plan is each town or area is assigned a community type and people move to type that best suit them. Hold the applause.  😀

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

So what!!! What does this have to anything regarding this topic??? Another thread running off the tracks. 

Time to start your own board, where the topic is the topic and nothing but the topic.

3 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I should have added...."but I thought that this was what this board was about"

Your problem (shared by other odd types I can think of) is having a logical mind. Probably too late in life to change.🖖

12 hours ago, gringohombre said:

So what!!! What does this have to anything regarding this topic??? Another thread running off the tracks. 

Please take a number and have a seat. When your number is called you will have a one minute interview with the Admin for a Mod position. Please be patient, there are a large number of applicants.

What do other areas say about foreigners noise complaints?

"A long-running debate over noise in the historic center of Mérida continues to rage, with a local musician and union boss even suggesting that expatriate residents should go home if they are not happy with the situation."

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/expats-go-home-the-debate-continues-over-loud-noise/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=1e974eb35e-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-1e974eb35e-349534941

I, too, saw the Merida article at https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/expats-go-home-the-debate-continues-over-loud-noise/

I suspect there was some politically correct editing and the locals were shouting "Go Home Gringos" not "Go Home ex-pats"

I would hate to see that sentiment metastasize here.

10 minutes ago, Aquaponicsman said:

I, too, saw the Merida article at https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/expats-go-home-the-debate-continues-over-loud-noise/

I suspect there was some politically correct editing and the locals were shouting "Go Home Gringos" not "Go Home ex-pats"

That statement would seem to indicate you think it hasn't already?

35 minutes ago, Aquaponicsman said:

I would be very surprised if they were shouting "Go Home Gringo". Gringo is a Gringo's word, not a Mexican's word.

5 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I should have added...."but I thought that this was what this board was about"

And who will decide exactly when a topic goes off topic? For example, your discussion is nowhere close to the topic. Should you be shut down for that? Should I be shut down for answering? Should Gringal be shut down for commenting?

18 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I would be very surprised if they were shouting "Go Home Gringo". Gringo is a Gringo's word, not a Mexican's word.

Naw, Mexicans call gringos gringos all the time. It's what they usually call gringos. Just not to your face, unless you're cool.

26 minutes ago, Tiny said:

False flag! The word "gringo" does not appear in the article.

Archived