Chapala.com Webboard

Good Pizza in Ajijic Village?

babyface

9 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Always liked Perry's pizza. It is himself I'm not too crazy about...

Ditto in the beginning, but the quality of the ingredients went downhill from where it started.  His mouth remained consistent.

Seems I stopped going before that happened, and got lucky with Pizza Disco (for me, anyway, but sadly now gone) and then M&J.  Who's next? Frozen pizzas from CostCo with my own toppings. A quick walk for me from the freezer to the toaster oven...

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Seems I stopped going before that happened, and got luck with Pizza Disco (for me, anyway, but sadly now gone) and then M&J.  Who's next? Frozen pizzas from CostCo with my own toppings. A quick walk for me from the freezer to the toaster oven...

Sometimes that last produces a better result than the pizza parlors.  I found some real Italian pepperoni at Walmart a few months ago,  but haven't found it again. Makes a big difference. Some of the sausages from the sausage making guys at the Tuesday market work well, too.

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Seems I stopped going before that happened, and got luck with Pizza Disco (for me, anyway, but sadly now gone) and then M&J.  Who's next? Frozen pizzas from CostCo with my own toppings. A quick walk for me from the freezer to the toaster oven...

Sometimes Sam's has DiGiorno pepperoni pizza.  The tip is you need a pizza stone or a trick I use with delivery pizza.

When we are in the mood for pizza delivery, the first question we ask ourselves is: American or Mexican?  

Usually the answer is Mexican and we call Valenciana's.  

What is Mexican pizza??  The sauce is sweet and very cumin-y.  The preparation is inconsistent, but that's part of the experience!  Occasionally the crust is flat as if the yeast lost its way into the kitchen, but usually it has a decent chew.  It's certainly not a fancy imported cheese, but it's sufficiently dispersed and represents local products.  There is always more pepperoni per square inch than the American-style pizzas sold here.  It's a bit of a roll of the dice, but 90% of the time it suits us just fine.  

So when in MX, we stick with MXN pizza.  

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few reasons (besides making good pizza) why a well-run pizza place can succeed in the heart of ajijic village: #1 Lots of people living here, and visiting, don't have cars. #2 The super-blinding headlights at night on the carretera. #3 Very low blood/alcohol allowed for driver if you like wine or beer or a margarita with your pizza. #4 lots of traffic on the highway, especially on weekends.#5 Pizza is a big favorite for people of all ages and tastes, is easy to share, and when you eat it, it feels like a party. 

Archived