Chapala.com Webboard
El Bizco

CFE stops solar credits

11 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

My system worked before the meter was installed. I didn't build credit for the night  but  consumed zero during the  day. 

As to the pole..... Never herd of that. You don't change the  cables from the street to the meter. Have your solar company help you with CFE  something is not right. 

He could have new construction on the property that required a new pole due to distance.  I saw this once in Joco with a casita addition.  

Deposit to bank account sounds like  scam, any payments should be made directly at an office with official receipt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:21 PM, Dandy said:

Hi everybody! I just had ten solar panels installed. I paid the solar company, and they said it would be 2-3 weeks before CFE would install the bi-directional meter. During this time, the system just sits and cannot be turned on. A week later, I got an email from CFE saying that I needed to deposit $16,800 MX to a bank account to pay for a new pole and wiring. Has anybody else had this happen? I am near Chapala, in San Antonio Tlayacapan. I appreciate any advice or insight this group can offer me. 🙂

More info is needed here to answer this - did you have a CFE connection before the solar?    

Was the service  110 V 1 phase (fase), or 220 V, 2 phase?    Did that need to change?

What is the tarifa?   Is the transformer public or private?

Your solar provider should be able to assist you with this; FYI have never seen or heard of this, and you should fully explore it before paying anything.

Agree with Spencer on the payment also - CFE does not ask for payments to go to a bank account.   Who did the email really come from, and what is the banking info they gave you?

• Like 2