Chapala.com Webboard

Tuesday 1st May is Labor Day.  Is this the day things will be closed or is it changed to Monday 30th April for a Puente weekend?

FWIW, I was at Parker Insurance today and they have sign on door saying they will be closed Monday for Labor Day.  I asked if Tues. wasn't Labor Day and she said that the women in the office asked if they could instead have Monday off for a long weekend and she agreed to do that.  Que sera sera!

I panicked and rushed over to Multiva to prepay a medical process and found that they are open Monday and closed Tuesday. 

There is no set rule around here, that's for sure. A couple of President's ago, it was mandated that holidays would no longer be ON holidays... no extended puentes anymore. Too much loss of business. But this is Mexico, where business is secondary to family and life. "We don need no steenkeen orders!: So you just have to see when you get there, lol.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I spoke to a government office today and was told they would be closed on tuesday, I did not ask about Monday.

2 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

La Mision's post is correct.

Yes, legally.  But CG is also correct in the practical application.